Wrapped Together, by Annabeth Albert

bfdbookblog's review

4.5 Stars so rounding up to 5 Stars

Oh my gosh I love this book…like didn’t put it down, didn’t blink love it. I love, love, love friends to lovers and even though they had the reputation of being ‘enemies’ I know Hollis and Sawyer have always been friends. They had stronger feelings than that but didn’t know what to do with them.

The introvert and the extrovert…Hollis’ grumpy cat attitude is the perfect balance to Sawyer’s childlike exuberance and love of life. They are absolutely adorable together. Every time Sawyer thawed a piece of Hollis I felt like doing a victory dance for him. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christmas time and seeing Sawyer bring out Hollis’ festive side and remind him why this time of year is magical just absolutely warmed my heart. Hollis seemed a bit innocent at first but pretty quickly diminished that perception, although he is inexperienced when it comes to relationships.

Their sexual chemistry is OFF THE CHARTS and they are so good together. Their banter is adorable. I loved discovering all the little things Sawyer remembered about Hollis. He just made me melt. Hollis’ pain is palpable but Sawyer makes it bearable. Sawyer is the healing balm Hollis never knew he needed.

The supporting cast is great as well! I would love to see these guys again!

thingslucyreads's review

The thing that brought this down from a 4 stars to 3 is that the first intimate scene seemed out of place. One character was under a lot of emotional stress and I honestly expected one of them to stop things because of that but then they didn't? It didn't even read as a sex-as-comfort thing. It was kind of weird and made me confused and a little uneasy. The ""sexy talk"" in this scene was also more ridiculous than sexy, honestly. Do people even talk like that in real life?? I'm sceptical. Also surely there are other phrases to use than "so fucking hot".

(There were also a couple of sentences that used "his or her" instead of "their", which I always find jarring.)

Other than that this was super cute and well-done in terms of slow burn romance and characterisation and left me feeling warm and satisfied.

andyn5's review

What a sweet read! Wrapped Together is a mix between friends-to-lovers story and an enemies-to-lovers novel.

It's impossible not to love Sawyer and Hollis, their chemistry and how they try to resist the obvious chemistry between them. Their story and struggles are very human and believable, and the sexy scenes could make anyone sweat. It's an easy-to-read novel to read during the holidays, full of sweetness and nostalgia.

acdom's review

A cute, fun read. Maybe a reread for the holidays.

kk94's review

I loved it! It was the best book from this series for me :)
Sawyer and Hollis are lovely <3

librahero's review

Loved this.

frothy's review

Dnf

chrisvigilante's review

I read Wrapped Together during the A Very Merry Readathon and really enjoyed it like I have with many other Annabeth Albert books this year. This was a part of the Portland Heat series. This really got me interested in reading the rest of the books in the series.

The couple of characters we follow have a history together that is a little messy. There are misconceptions they have to dance around. Hollis is the character whose perspective we follow throughout and a lot of the time he annoyed me because I couldn't figure out why he couldn't let Sawyer in more.

Eventually, I could see that Hollis is stuck in a lot of ways. he hasn't moved on from a tragedy in his family and hasn't shifted in personality either much since then. Because of this, he doesn't see how much Sawyer has changed or even entertain the idea that Sawyer has changed.

This story had a good infusion of flashbacks. I'm usually not a flashback fan in stories.I liked the pace of the relationship developing. Hollis and Sawyer get into BDSM lightly and that was cool to see them explore that together. I do think the slow burn is worth it once they can figure things out together. Also loved the parts involving any of their family.

This is a nice story where someone needs to find their holiday spirit again. I really enjoyed it. The epilogue was cute even if it was a bit much. Definitely, recommend you check out this book and more stories from Annabeth Albert.

edunbar87's review

Loved it!

My favorite of the Portland heat series. This felt like the right kind balance of drama and romance to keep things romantic and realistic.

lemoncat's review