Dying for You, by Jenny Frame

unique_person's review against another edition

Best in the series till now.

felixfelicis's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

khieeae's review against another edition

Dying For you by Jenny Frame is book 3 in the ‘Wild for you’ series and takes off around the same place we left off in book two. This book focuses more on Daisy and Victorija.

Never been a fan of Victorija but she’s like an entirely different character in this book. I’m not sure if this got retconned or something but wasn’t she Bryon’s cousin? She’s her great aunt in this book. Either I missed some reveal or it just randomly changed.

Anyways, this was an okay read.

Having read the other books and being familiar with the author I wasn’t expecting anything too serious and you shouldn’t either. This and all the other books in the series follow a very nonsensical light and easy supernatural setting. So if you’re like me and you’re not a big fan of all those long winded over complicated supernatural books then maybe check this series out. What also helped was the author clearly got some inspiration from a certain CW vampire show that gave some familiarity.

I wouldn’t say this is my favorite book in the series, that would probably always be the first but it was a fine read. A lot of things didn’t make sense, a lot of things weren’t relevant and the book was rather repetitive this time around. In fact the moment I realized Victorija was Bryon’s aunt was actually in a chapter where Victorija said it like fifty times for some reason like it was at all useful.

But the thing is, no matter what Jenny Frame writes, they put all their energy into it. You can just feel the good vibes through the book. Even if it doesn’t make, even if the writing isn’t as in depth as it should be, it’s enough.

Yes, I would’ve loved more build up to Daisy and Victorija. No, I don’t like the ending.

But man was it such a smooth and entertaining read. A bit more humor would’ve been appreciated but the setting Frame was able to create without much stress on the writing is slightly admirable.

Victorija is very honorable and just all around a totally different person from book one in this, I liked that. As much as I like her, she did not deserve what she got at the ending. After all the things she’s done, no. That’s all I’m gonna say on that…

Do I recommend? If you’re looking for something simple, not over the top, short, slight ridiculous, slightly nonsensical and with a few hot sex scenes, sure.

If you’re looking for a page turner, depth, perfectly logical explanations, ethical behavior, morally good characters? No.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in return for a honest review!

randomnotes's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful mysterious tense fast-paced

caitvis's review against another edition

emotional mysterious medium-paced

Wow, just finished reading it. Jenny Frame is one of my favorite go to writers, and I love her supernatural series, both this one and the Wolfgang one.

One thing that I love/hate about Jenny’s books is that she always manage to include side characters that I think have potential for more plot and that I would like to read a full novel about. In this one I felt this way about Brogan, the lone wolf who Byron asks for help and Bhal and Sera(maybe I think there could possibly be something between them?)
I seriously need more books in the Wolfgang series and Brogan’s story would be perfect.

But back to this story and the main leads, I enjoyed reading about Victorija and Daisy more than I expected if I’m being honest, I didn’t think I would like it so much because I never really paid any attention to Victorija and only saw her as an annoying villain in the previous books, but in this story Jenny managed to make me really like her and care for her character.

Jenny Frame writes my favorite characters ever, doesn’t matter the setting, if it’s about vampires, wolves, royalty or just a contemporary romance I don’t think there isn’t a book by hers that I didn’t thoroughly enjoyed reading.
As always I’m already excited for the next story.