zhaviapaige49's review against another edition

A very sad yet a happy ending. Sad, bcuz they will never see Chika again and happy-bcuz Chika will no longer suffer from a monstrous desease she has.

chikaneil_reads's review

Easily a 5stars for me and totally gonna become my fav book of all time.

Didn't have the book so i listen to the audiobook which totally is the best since it made the emotions more raw and real. Also it as almost Mitch himself was beside me telling the story of Chika and showing me some clips of her. The audiobook includes some clips of Chika voice. I LOVE IT.

I wanted to read this book solely because of its title as Chika is also my nickname.

Finishing this give me a lot of feelings. Happy, sad, sympathy, fluff, joy and most of all, LOVE.

Chika was so loved by everyone she encountered and she return to God knowing that. Till this day, i believe that she is still loved.

I didn't read a book today, i was introduced to a star, a bundle of joy, a surviver, a fighter, a princess, a child, a daughter, I met Chika and her family.

quirkybibliophile's review

I love all of the books I’ve read by Mitch Albom and this one was no different. Mitch really captured how much of a beautiful child Chika was and I love how her personality shines through each word.
I loved the way this book was structured where he had segments where it was him and Chika speaking, then just him about his insights and then parts of the past and what she taught him. I loved hearing each lesson he learned through her and how fond he is of those lessons.
You get so attached to Chika and even if you know she’s going to pass away that moment still hits you hard. I cried as Mitch and his wife said their goodbye and felt honored to be allowed into such a private moment between the three of them.
I recommend this to those of you who enjoy any of Mitch Albom’s other books or who like to read heartfelt stories that’ll make you cry.

energygalreads's review

A book will NEVER affect me as much as this did.
Chika is an angel and will forever live on in our hearts.
Thank you Chika, for everything.

amyk1's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring sad fast-paced

jackielk2020's review against another edition

Loved this book-a beautiful story

mom22boys's review against another edition

emotional sad

zoe121810's review against another edition

emotional inspiring sad medium-paced

emreads97's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted reflective sad medium-paced

kiaceee's review

Mr. Mitch did it again. I’m so speechless and heart broken.