The Worst Best Man, by Mia Sosa

raethereviewer's review

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

This book was so good! It's definitely going into my mental checklist of favorite romances. The DRAMA!! I loved every minute of it. It was like a telenovela in the way that things kept getting more and more wild as the story went on. The romance was steamy and the banter was wonderful. I love this book!

jamiereads's review

lighthearted slow-paced

asreadbylou's review

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

marlireads's review against another edition

Have you ever related to a character in a romance book so hard? Wow. I felt a bit attacked actually

pixelswirl's review

lighthearted medium-paced

1.5

leovanr's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

ellereader's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced

bethstuartx1's review against another edition

One of my goals for this year is to read more romance, which is a genre that I enjoy, but don’t read enough of so here I am, just finished my fourth romance of the year.

For the most part I enjoyed The Worst Best Man.
It’s a simple story following wedding planner Carolina Santos, who at the start of the book is left at the altar after her fiancé decides not to show up and break things off with her on the day they are due to get married. Fast forward three years, she has an opportunity to win her dream job, but in order to do so she must work with marketing specialist Max Hartwell, who also just happens to be her former fiance's brother.

I enjoyed reading about Lina and the strong presence of her Brazilian culture, which is something I don’t know much about so it was interesting to read and learn. I also like how she was career focused and knew what she wanted. I don’t really have any strong opinions on Max, he’s kind of just blended in with most other male love interests I’ve read about. The relationship itself was fine and I was glad to see the characters actually communicating with each other. I found the sex scenes a bit awkward and cringey, but I think that just depends on the reader.

Overall it was a pretty average romance, not bad but definitely not a new favourite of mine.

lillyreads_'s review against another edition

this was the most ‘rom-com’ type novel I’ve read so far and overall, it was cute. corny as hell at times - but also sweet and vulnerable. i liked lina and max and find myself becoming a bigger fan of the enemies to lovers trope after every book i read. and the way Brazilian culture is described and represented in this book was A+.

although i had fun reading it, i’ve realized that I prefer less swoon-worthy, ‘the notebook’ type romance novels, to ones that are more plausible and mirror real life. don’t get me wrong, i love that soft shit. but sometimes, books are SO romantic and plots are so over the top, it feels contrived. i like my shit a little more realistic, romantic but also challenging with simpler plots that are more practical.

if you like super cheesy feel-good type stuff, then you might like this. perfect to read in the summer!!

amibo's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced