Reviews tagging 'Dysphoria'
What Moves the Dead, by T. Kingfisher
dark mysterious tense medium-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? A mix
- Strong character development? It's complicated
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? It's complicated
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
This was a very fun take on the classic (which I hadn't read before this, but have since read). The places where it deviated most strongly make sense to have adapted. Kingfisher has a knack for the creepy that I find most effective when it's given room for ambiguity. I wish we had been given a little more breathing room to allow that dread to really fester, but it's already a novella length take on what was originally a short story, so I can understand wanting to keep it rather succinct.
Graphic: Animal death, Body horror, Death, and Medical content
Moderate: War, Physical abuse, Blood, Gore, Gun violence, Suicide, Terminal illness, and Violence
Minor: Death of parent, Vomit, Xenophobia, and Dysphoria