Legends & Lattes, by Travis Baldree

thecottagelibrary's review

Full stars because it’s just what I needed

bmaker212's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

massivepizzacrust's review

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

This is so cute and I highly recommend it for a relaxing, low-stakes story with strong friendships.

martymowo's review against another edition

Wonderfully warm tale with a great cast of characters I am sad to leave now the book has ended.

Listened in one sitting and I will definitely dip into it again. Found myself smiling like a prat a lot of the time and I can't recommend this book highly enough as a comfort read.

I don't often read slice of life but this is also Fantasy and I hope there will be more of this sweet union in the future.

5/5

bbygotbooks's review

hopeful lighthearted relaxing slow-paced

This is a lazy Sunday read, warm and cozy and slow, much like a cup of coffee. Funny at times and has an overall hopeful message. Recommend to any  fantasy fans who want to relax and breathe in their books.

booksonhermind's review

relaxing medium-paced

Highly enjoyable. I loved that this was just a nice unhurried foodie story with a fantasy setting. All the characters were lovable except of course the villainous ones. I felt like I was in their world and it could have been nice to get a Midnight Crescent. I love foodie books and some aspect of fantasy added to it made this a perfect read for me. Viv and Tandri were really sweet together. I like how they are both guarded but they work well with each other. Cal and Thimble were so loveable. I really wanted to give Thimble a hug even if he was what he was. It would be nice to have another book in this world or a sequel. It was such a nice, tranquil read.

sapphicartemide's review

hopeful lighthearted relaxing slow-paced

Spoiler I was drawn to this book because it was sold to me as a cozy story about an orc settling down and opening up a café, filled with words of love for coffee and warm descriptions of food. And that's exactly it! Legends & Lattes is very slow paced, especially at the beginning, which bordered on boring at times, but i enjoyed the connections between the characters greatly, as they filled me with warmth. I adored the moments in the coffee shop and the glimpses of the blossoming relationships between Viv, Cal, Tandri and Thimble.

However, my main complaint lays in the weird link between Viv and the Madrigal (what is, let's be honest here, a mafia organisation). Why did the author deem it necessary to insert the mafia into this story and, more importantly, why would Viv befriend it. I might be more sensitive to these topics than others, being Italian, but it felt extremely tone-deaf to me.

Overall, as much as i enjoyed the book, I didn't connect with it greatly, and the Madrigal part ended up really bothering me, so I decided to give it 3 stars.

fluffyyasmin's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

paultvele's review

funny lighthearted relaxing slow-paced

burnshg's review against another edition

4.5-5 stars. Absolutely adored it. The quintessential cozy fantasy.