Savage Bounty, Volume 2, by Matt Wallace

seairra's review

Matt Wallace does it again! As always the world building is phenomenal. In Savage Bounty the reader gets an even deeper look into the inner workings of Crache: from the power struggles in the planning cadre, to the unease in the bottoms, to the ex-savage's rebellion - everything is beautifully explained. Wallace provides plenty of details to bring the reader farther into the world of Crache while still maintaining a comfortable pace.

Normally when a book has multiple POVs it is difficult to be invested in all of them; however, that is not the case with Savage Bounty. Evie, Dyeawan, and Lexi all had compelling storylines that make you not want to put the book down so you can find out what happens next. Throughout the book there is this slow build of tension that leaves the reader yearning for the point when all three storylines intersect. Fingers crossed it happens in the final installment!

Savage Bounty ended with some mighty cliffhangers. While I don't love cliffhangers, I'm glad that Matt Wallace decided to leave the fates of our beloved characters hanging in the balance because it means that these particular storylines will get the attention that they deserve in the next book. I'd much rather have to wait for the third book than have these plots rushed through in the second.

Overall, I enjoyed Savage Bounty so, so much. I'm honestly a bit sad that the next book will will be that last because I'm not ready to leave this world or these characters. If political fantasy, I highly suggest you check out Savage Legion & Savage Bounty.

Thank you to NetGalley and Gallery Books for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

karireads's review

adventurous dark tense medium-paced

meetyouineveryplace's review

adventurous dark emotional tense fast-paced

annarella's review

A good epic fantasy, gripping and entertaining.
Good character development and world building, a multi-POVs plot that kept me turning pages.
I loved Savage Legion and loved this follow up.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine

errantreads's review

adventurous dark tense medium-paced

Fantasy, but light on the fantastical, this series is a real breath of fresh air. Fantasy for adults, one might say. It has a narrative that evokes Asimov to me for some reason. I really enjoy this series and hope that book 3 is not too far behind. Recommend.

Criticism of the publisher: really wish the publisher would produce hardcovers for books 2 and 3 and not just for book 1. It's just unprofessional. Commit or don't commit, not something in between. Or hell, give the author self-publishing rights to the hardcovers if you won't follow through.

Oh! Not that it matters all that much, but the covers are just bitchin'!

liekeb's review

All I can say is: I need book 3 like, yesterday, please and thank you!

raffaele's review

adventurous dark medium-paced

irish's review

adventurous dark emotional sad tense fast-paced