Fallen by Lauren Kate

abaugher's review

i wanted to speed through reading this book, and it made it easy for me. lots of good action buildup before the climactic part, that seemed to be nice and long.
knowing that it has a sequel helps because the epilogue would have been kind of hard to handle without that info.
when someone says they don't know what to read after the twilight series, suggest this book. the girl can be pretty thick-headed but somewhat driven by her hormones in her struggle to decide on which guy she really wants. she also makes some really stoopid decisions that any girl with her IQ should know better than to make (dont sneak out at night to see a guy, don't lie down willingly on the altar or your own sacrifice, stuff like that).
overall, a good book.

annaorfin's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark mysterious tense fast-paced

izzys_internet_bookshelf's review

2/5

I wasn't excited really going into this book. the plot made me interested, but I felt like the twists that happened in the book weren't enough to excite me to keep reading. The end was hard to follow personally, and I felt like, overall, the book was slow

lilith19's review

emotional mysterious slow-paced

alexared's review

gabrielle_erin's review

I'm trying to give this one the grace of historical context, but I was so unbelievably bored reading this. I kept trying to imagine how 14 year old me would have felt reading the story, but still came up being frustrated with the pacing, the clichès, and sloppy writing. This is a product of a very specific era in YA literature, but it definitely does not hold up outside this microcosm.

thegayone22's review

This was the kind of book that made me want to throw up. It was so cringy. Yet I liked it.

emasvingerova's review

Tahle knížka byla v druhé polovině tak nesmyslná, nepochopitelná, nudná a pomalá -.- Hrozně mě to zklamalo, čekala jsem od ní víc, a ne jen kupu informací, kterým nerozumím, kupu situací, kdy hlavní hrdinka běží tam a zase zpátky, no prostě na nic. Ta obálka je nádherná, anotace zní taky dobře- tak proč to sakra musela autorka takhle poničit? Bože, to je první knížka, u které jsem takhle naštvaná :O

faeriemjk's review against another edition

this was one of my absolute favorite series growing up. i can't remember how old i was when i first read them, but i was obsessed. i think i still have them, and i've wanted to reread them just to see how different my taste is now.
i still love these books though. they were a series that got me back into reading after hating reading because of school so i will forever hold it close to my heart.

wishfulfillment's review against another edition

Dropping less than 200 pages in because it's not believable enough for me. I'm not getting engaged or attaching to the plot or characters. The love triangle is so ridiculous that I can't even process it. It's definitely not as poorly written as I'd anticipated, but it's the 1-star folks warned me about.