The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave

rainbowbookworm's review against another edition

This was a fast-paced, heart-pounding novel that kept me reading way past my bedtime. I loved Hannah and Bailey's relationship; loved how the plot unfolded; and I especially loved the resolutions.

danacanterino's review against another edition

3.5/5

Como thriller no me pareció la gran cosa la verdad, sí es un cambio de lo que he venido leyendo (homicidio, violación, etc), y eso fue refrescante de leer al principio pero después la parte del thriller se me hizo pesado y aburrido. Pero contra todo pronóstico, la parte que sí me entretuvo mucho y me enganchó fue la relación de los personajes.
Creo que la autora en eso hizo un muy buen trabajo, el personaje de Hannah tal vez es un poco demasiado perfecto, pero fue lindo leer, para variar, a una madrastra buena.
Como un libro de ficción le daría 4 estrellas, como thriller unas 3 o 2.

maggsy1010's review against another edition

hopeful slow-paced

cat_book_lady's review against another edition

2.5-3* I had a hard time connecting to the main character - her husband disappears seemingly because he is involved in a huge fraud investigation with his start-up company. Yet - she is not worried? She's not angry? She's not shocked? And she takes her 16-year-old stepdaughter to Austin to search for clues when she had been there when she was - 5 years old? I am all for the willing suspension of disbelief, and it did keep me on the hook to finish, but I simply don't understand the hype of this book. Some parts were good, and the audiobook probably lended to the 3-star rating because the teenager's virtual eye rolling and dripping sarcasm definitely came through.

iloveladybugs08's review against another edition

I liked this book. It took a minute to get into it, but once it got started, I really enjoyed it and couldn’t put it down. I felt like it lacked in some areas and I kind of wish that there was a little bit more backstory to Owen and Bailey. I also kind of wish I could know a little bit more about how life was like after the fact for Bailey and Hannah. Overall, it was a decent book; a quick airplane read if you will.

emoser_9's review against another edition

I ate this shit up. A great mystery about a man who goes missing, leaving his wife and daughter to try and figure out whats going on.

The sweet family moments are almost too much for me to handle. Last line of the book had me tearing up

iceangel32's review against another edition

I enjoyed this book. So why not 5 stars, maybe because it was a little predictable. You kind of caught on to what was happening; however, it did not take away from the story. I could not stop listening to the wanting to know what would happen next and what the future might hold for Bailey and Hannah, would they see Owen or their friends again. What does Austin have to do with anything? I was so proud of Hannah when she took control and just decide to take things into her own hands and solve their mystery and finally take a stand for her and Hannah. And the end. To all the use to be guys. Worth the read.

brittmiokovic's review against another edition

emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

timna_wyckoff's review against another edition

Meh - I finished to find out what happened, but I just didn't think there was much there there.

briesespieces's review against another edition

in the beginning, i couldn’t put this down, in the end, i now know to trust my gut instincts when it comes to popular and overly hyped books like this.

i was enthralled by the possibility of a really great mystery. all the elements were there and it was a perfect setup but the reveal of why he went missing or on the run was seriously so lame it made the whole journey underwhelming. i was waiting for some huge thing or reveal and would have waited forever apparently if the book hadn’t ended. there were a lot of moments i really liked about this and if not for that and the fact that hannah was great at putting the pieces together, this would have been a 1 star read. it certainly didn’t live up to the hype.