Project Hail Mary, by Andy Weir

iamhere's review against another edition

adventurous funny fast-paced

frodo_dragons's review against another edition

Project Hail Mary….

This is the best book that I have ever read. I must admit, my reading career isn’t as advanced as many of you reading this, but I have read enough to know that this book was amazing. I have mostly read Fantasy series up to this point, so my knowledge in Science Fiction is limited, but after reading this book, I feel an urge to plunge myself into the genre.

This is a story filled with emotions. Not only does this tell the tale of an epic journey through space, but it builds up very strong connections to the characters. This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I would catch myself reading as fast as I possibly could so that I could find out what was about to happen. I have NEVER experienced that with a book. I plan to read all other work by Andy Weir now, and I have a feeling I’m going to love everything.

This is not your everyday space story. It goes through the emotions and thoughts that someone on this journey would experience. Time and time again, I found myself tensing up and hoping the characters were going to be okay. There were some very sad moments, and some very happy ones, and I wish that I could tell you more than that without spoiling the story. This book is filled with so many twists and turns that I highly recommend reading this book with as little knowledge of the plot as possible. That is how I read it and I am very glad that I did.

rhettnz's review against another edition

‘Project Hail Mary’ is one of the page-turniest page-turners I’ve ever read. The buddy dynamic is delightful. The character voice is strong. It’s not classic literature by any means (it reads just like a big Hollywood blockbuster) but what it does, it does to perfection.

marypool's review against another edition

This was such an amazing book WOW!! The story was so good, the characters were awesome and just the whole thing… SO GOOD! If you can listen to the audiobook I would highly recommend because the performance was awesome. This book brought me so much joy and I enjoyed every minute of it. And the ending… :’) WOW. Definitely one of my favorite books this year and a must read for anyone looking for a GREAT book. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

beetlejuicetothepoweroften's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

ansleynoelle's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring reflective sad tense medium-paced

russk's review against another edition

If you like audiobooks, I recommend this one for the incorporation of sound and music.

rudex's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious tense medium-paced

emilymonroe123's review

adventurous challenging emotional funny hopeful inspiring tense medium-paced

mochi21's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional hopeful inspiring tense medium-paced

Everything about this book was perfect. I can't believe it lived up to the hype. I genuinely didn't expect it to.

I put off reading this book for a long time. I'm not afraid to admit I'm daunted by books longer than 400 pages. In the first 100 pages or so, I was nervous. I'm not a fan of hard sci-fi and it was getting a little dense and heavy for me. But then /it happened/ and everything was better. As far as the science goes, Weir does a very good job walking the line of dumbing a subject down so the regular Joe can understand while keeping you immersed in the story. For this reason, making Grace a middle school science teacher was genius. It read so natural.

If you're stuck in the first 100 pages wondering what the hype is about - keep going!