Reason to Breathe, by Rebecca Donovan

wquindley's review

well i think it’s safe to say this book destroyed me and i don’t really understand the ending and i’m upset because i need the second book but i don’t think anyone has the second book and this book has given me no closure ahh.

mariqua's review against another edition

sad tense slow-paced

sutherlandreads's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional sad tense slow-paced

smoothjazzhands's review against another edition

dark emotional sad slow-paced

hmshd3's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful sad tense slow-paced

cookie_123's review against another edition

bored

m_czuma's review against another edition

sad

I cried.

challonea's review against another edition

Awesome read!!

justjess1025's review

Sad. But very very good. Excited for the next book.

kimmiereadsalot's review

If you go into this thinking you are getting a great romance. Prepare yourself, because that part takes time. It's quite secondary to the main story really but the synopsis makes it sounds other wise.

I really liked this. It's rather heartbreaking though. I cried multiple times. I've read lots of books where the characters have dealt with abuse of some kind at one point or another. But this one was even tougher because the abuse was current. The reader doesn't get a brief glimpse of something tragic from the past. Instead, the reader gets to actively see what's going on. So like I said heartbreaking.

But then, it had it's really beautiful moments. Evan (lead guy) was a dream. Just wonderful and everything she needed. Although, Evan and Sarah (the best friend) didn't always make choices I would have preferred while "protecting" their girl, Emma (the abused main character), I understood it because after all, they are teenagers. Not grown adults.

It ended in a pretty traumatic way. So prepare yourself. I highly recommend reading the prologue of the second book immediately upon finishing the first.

Personally, I'm not ready to read the second. I thought I wanted to jump right into it, but after reading the synopsis, I don't think I'm quite read for it. lol

All in all, this is a heartbreaking story that is definitely worth reading.