A Touch of Darkness by Scarlett St. Clair

katie_rose81's review against another edition

The writing was all over the place. Persephone and Hades were both quite dull and the chemistry between them was not there, like, at all. Unfortunately, I also found it quite boring and it is time to move on.

softcrowbar's review against another edition

Choke me out and tell me I went to heaven. I loved this so much more than I anticipated. Not a huuuuuge fan of Persephone at the beginning, but she grew on me a bit. I’m not a huge fan of how their relationship started (more so how she saw him and the lustiness) and some of it felt a bit rushed, therefore -1 star. Otherwise I do sing it’s praises and cannot wait to read the rest.

bouldermimi's review against another edition

Read 8/11/2022 - Audio

I honestly thought Hades was the ugly one, but I think I had him mixed up with Hephaestus. Anyway, I'm really intrigued with the whole Hades and Persephone renaissance and I think I could enjoy it, but not from this. It was fine, but I'm sure there's better out there. Recommendations welcome!

whoaitsbaker's review against another edition

"A Touch of Darkness" offers a tantalizing twist on the timeless myth of Persephone and Hades, weaving a spellbinding tale of forbidden love and dark intrigue. In this imaginative retelling, the boundaries between gods and mortals blur, as the enigmatic Hades finds himself irresistibly drawn to the spirited Persephone.

At its heart, "A Touch of Darkness" is a story of passion and redemption, as these iconic characters navigate the treacherous depths of the underworld and the complexities of their own hearts. The author's lush prose and vivid world-building bring the ancient Greek pantheon to life, immersing readers in a realm where love and power collide with devastating consequences.

With its irresistible blend of romance, mythology, and suspense, "A Touch of Darkness" is sure to captivate readers from beginning to end. Whether you're a fan of Greek mythology or simply love a good love story, this novel is not to be missed.

cataalamos_'s review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional fast-paced

Muy spicy

slightlysaltymermaid's review against another edition

fast-paced
  • Plot- or character-driven? N/A
  • Strong character development? N/A

mxnicareads's review against another edition

"if words hold no weight for you, what does?"
"action, lady Persephone. Action holds weight for me"

tamaraloraine89's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted mysterious reflective relaxing sad tense medium-paced

slow start but heated right up to sizzling. I wasn't sure I'd like it in the beginning but quickly became hooked and couldn't put it down

brianan's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional mysterious medium-paced

legendofpi's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced