Now Entering Addamsville, by Francesca Zappia

goldilocks37070's review

adventurous funny lighthearted mysterious tense medium-paced

This book was perfect. The way it represented everything I've ever wanted out of a small-town mystery novel was incredible. It was impossible to put down and moved very quickly. Not to mention the fun plot twists and the fantastic ending!!! I seriously had such a great time reading this. I also loved how it explored the themes of reputation and what it meant to grow up in different environments. (Plus every single character was amazing and I love them all)

radradradish's review

adventurous dark mysterious medium-paced

minni92's review

Well that was disappointing.... It was ok, but that's all. I wanted more spooky things, and interesting mystery, which this hardly gave. Just bleh

lilidahl's review

slow-paced

sandsing7's review

Not super interesting but very readable and I enjoyed the characters. (Some language towards the end including a couple F-bombs)

elvishmerecat's review

adventurous dark mysterious tense fast-paced

This book gave me major Odd Thomas vibes.  Odd Thomas is my favorite horror series so naturally, I LOVED this book.

court1386's review

Got to about page 60 and stared at it for two weeks and had no urge to continue. DNFing for now but might try again another time.

taylorfennerwrites's review

3.5 of 5 Stars! RtC!

daydreamernightreader's review

Soo, Now Entering Addamsville, by the wonderful Francesca Zappia, the author of my favourite book, Eliza and her Monsters. What should I say.

I did like it a lot. I still do. I love all the different characters with all their little edges. Especially Zora often surprised me, I truly enjoyed that.

The idea behind the book was cool. Nothing super spectacular but still something new and fresh. There were just some parts where I was lost. I couldn't follow the explanations anymore and needed to figure out some important things later on myself, sort of catch up. That led me to other parts I missed because of that, so it was a bit exhausting, but fine.

I don't know if it's because I'm not a native speaker (it probably is), but I also didn't fully get every situation. Sometimes I was lost in words and expressions and therefore lost with the storyline. Regardless, I noticed that Chessie's writing style improved and I guess if I was born or raised American I'd enjoy it even more.

Unfortunately the ending was a bit too little for me. I wanted more tension, more suspense, more action. It all felt too easy and went off too fast. And I still don't get everything about the entries and H and S, but well.

I'm excited for the second book, though. I so knew about H's entry and that makes me happy xD I adore Grim and I really like Arty. All in all it wasn't as creepy or scary as hoped/expected, but I'd read it anytime again. So four out of five flames from me. Sorry about that bad joke.

abookishweekend's review