Under Her Care by Lucinda Berry

bgumlaw's review

I really enjoyed the writing style! Super easy to read while also being clearly written for a more advanced reader. The accuracy used when referencing psychological concepts and testing was a breath of fresh air. The story line was predictable, but still very much enjoyable. A strong 4/5 stars.

haneenoo's review

Not thrilling!!

jojo_27's review

This was not good. The writing was fine, minus some weird mistakes (at one point the author forgot that the main character had already realized something and had her realize it again in the same scene), but she’s certainly not untalented.

That said, the plot was unbelievable and the ending left me feeling like, …ok?? That’s it? It felt very abrupt and left me with questions, but not in a fun way.

I’m not going to comment on the autism stuff because people more qualified to do so that I am have already done so, but some of the stuff in the book seemed to be in direct conflict with things I have heard from sources I trust.

amberpocknall's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

funsizedshawti's review

I really enjoyed this author. This book kept me hooked & I didn’t want to put it down. I knew the mom was up to something but didn’t know how deep it really was until the end.

eriiicareads's review

This book had a slower start for me, but it's a good quick read for those who like thrillers. About halfway in things pick up and you are thrown some twists and turns. Genevieve really does grate on my nerves and is a textbook "helicopter mom" really (with a secret). The character stories and development is well done throughout the book even with this being a thriller with twists. I did feel like I was left kind of in limbo at the end though.

m1972c's review

dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

So good but I have one complaint I need more.  Everything is not tied up.  I want to know more.  Our villian in this is the most diabolical ever imagined.

howdyshelby's review

dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

anners91's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious fast-paced

ptrmsschrs's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced