Reviews tagging Blood

The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan

jstarshine16's review

adventurous challenging emotional funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious tense medium-paced

henry_1906's review against another edition

adventurous dark funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious tense fast-paced

4 hours 24 minutes - When I first read this book, I don't think my heart was in it - I found it a drag to read, reading each page for the sake of it rather than for the enjoyment. I was rather scared this would happen when I reread it for the first time, but no, quite the opposite. I absolutely loved it, it was definitely on par, or even perhaps better than the introduction to the Percy Jackson series. I didn't love the multiple POVs at first but I quickly got used to it and I think it adds to the story. The 3rd person perspective also helps this book feel more serious than the Percy Jackson series, and I found it a lot more intense than these as well. I feel like the ending was slightly disappointing up to the last few pages, as it wound down a lot and felt a little boring in comparison to the rest of the book, but the cliff-hanger about the Greeks and Romans made it better. Can't wait to start the next book!

ohkmurr's review against another edition

adventurous funny fast-paced

SpoilerI opened this book, turned to the first chapter, saw the name "Jason" instead of a silly little chapter title, and was genuinely disappointed. I really like Leo's character, but I found Jason and Piper hard to relate to. The battle at the end was more engaging than Son of Neptune, and I know we all love "You busted my boys!"