Reviews tagging Kidnapping

The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan

natromanoffgf's review against another edition

adventurous funny tense

SO GOOD, because i loved the Percy Jackson books so much i decided to continue and read Heroes of Olympus and i so do not regret it.

i absolutely loved both the plot and the new introduced characters, so much happened in this book that it was basically impossible to get bored, i truly liked this book, somehow all of Rick Riordan’s books are always so comforting and fun to read

Spoiler
can’t wait to read the next one to figure out what happened to Percy and how the whole prophecy of the 7 will end up happening but i’m happy we know Piper, Jason and Leo are part of it

allison_lennon's review

adventurous inspiring medium-paced

trinatheodore's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

racheljones's review

adventurous lighthearted slow-paced

luluslittlelibrary's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted tense medium-paced

Didn't like it as much as the original Percy Jackson books, mostly because I missed the characters, but it was still a great start to the series. As the series goes on, it definitely improves, specifically when you get to see all seven demigods of the prophecy together. So if you can get past this book, it is definitely worth it for the rest of the series. There is also a lot of Percy/Annabeth moments throughout this series.
two complaints:
Spoiler1) I hate Leo and calypso together, and 2) I HATE THAT NICO WAS FORCED TO COME OUT!!!

honeyhistory103's review

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

Is there ever a Rick Riordan book that disappoints? I'm revisiting the PJO/HOO series for the first time since the books were published, and they still hold up. The characters are so lovable and I hold them dear to my heart. Riordan is fantastic at writing adventures - the pace never slips, and the balance of emotional downtime and action is superb. If you ever need a light, easy read that is still fully entertaining (even as an adult), these books will fit the bill perfectly.

deidra_shadetreereads's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring mysterious tense fast-paced

Judging by how long it took me to finish this, you might think that I didn't like it. But that's not true. I loved this first book in The Heroes of Olympus series! It was just such a good time while also dealing with some heavy topics such as loss of a parent and imminent danger. So this series is going to follow 3 new youths (meaning we didn't learn anything about these main characters from Percy Jackson and the Olympians) named Jason, Piper and Leo. Riordan drops us straight into the action in chapter 1. I've tried a couple times and have failed at summarizing this book without giving spoilers. I really can only say that Leo turned out to be my favorite though Jason and eventually Piper grew on me a ton in the last 50% of the book. Annabeth has a strong presence in this installment and so does Percy but not in the way I was anticipating. We got to see some of the Greek gods' and goddesses' Roman presentations in an interesting way. I continue to enjoy the way Riordan uses what we already know about Greek and Roman mythology and puts a really fun and modern spin on it. I can't wait to continue on in the series!