Reviews tagging Abandonment

The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan

natromanoffgf's review against another edition

adventurous funny tense

SO GOOD, because i loved the Percy Jackson books so much i decided to continue and read Heroes of Olympus and i so do not regret it.

i absolutely loved both the plot and the new introduced characters, so much happened in this book that it was basically impossible to get bored, i truly liked this book, somehow all of Rick Riordan’s books are always so comforting and fun to read

Spoiler
can’t wait to read the next one to figure out what happened to Percy and how the whole prophecy of the 7 will end up happening but i’m happy we know Piper, Jason and Leo are part of it

shaunaxx's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious tense medium-paced

greenish_reads's review against another edition

trinatheodore's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

henry_1906's review against another edition

adventurous dark funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious tense fast-paced

4 hours 24 minutes - When I first read this book, I don't think my heart was in it - I found it a drag to read, reading each page for the sake of it rather than for the enjoyment. I was rather scared this would happen when I reread it for the first time, but no, quite the opposite. I absolutely loved it, it was definitely on par, or even perhaps better than the introduction to the Percy Jackson series. I didn't love the multiple POVs at first but I quickly got used to it and I think it adds to the story. The 3rd person perspective also helps this book feel more serious than the Percy Jackson series, and I found it a lot more intense than these as well. I feel like the ending was slightly disappointing up to the last few pages, as it wound down a lot and felt a little boring in comparison to the rest of the book, but the cliff-hanger about the Greeks and Romans made it better. Can't wait to start the next book!