Love on the Brain, by Ali Hazelwood

bjness's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

morgan_fitz's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

thedreamthieves's review against another edition

no voy a mentir en momentos me tenían giggling kicking my feet twirling my hair etc (a mi me entretiene cualquier chotada), pero in hindsight esto fue terrible. que alguien le avise a ali hazelwood que parafrasear unas escenas y cambiarles los nombres a los personajes no es escribir un libro nuevo

emmamae20's review against another edition

funny inspiring

inesffricardo's review against another edition

Mais um romance leve e divertido para a lista.

Honestamente, não adorei. Acho que gostei mais do “The love hypothesis”.

Sabemos como a história se vai desenrolar assim que o plot nos é apresentado. É uma história cheia de clichês, muitas repetições e alguns momentos constrangedores. (Houve muito revirar de olhos por este lado)

Ainda assim, fez o seu papel de me entreter num fim de semana de Outono.

[Lido em formato físico]

flaviasbooks's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

hollyanders's review against another edition

If I have to read about one more giant penis that will not fit into a tiny vagina, I’m gonna jump off a bridge.

alanaxspiteri's review against another edition

funny informative lighthearted medium-paced

izzybry3's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

simly's review against another edition

2,5 ⭐
I want my time back of reading this book. If you reeeeaaallly want to read a book from this author, just grab one and read it because all of them are the same. Don't get me wrong, I loved The love Hypothesis because it was the first women in STEM with academic vibes book I ever read. I deserved the hype at that time.
So let's dive into want I liked and what I didn't.
Like:
-women in STEM
-main character aesthetic
-talking about GRE and SAT exam's problems

Didn't like:
-enemies to lovers wasn't at all enemies to lovers
-too similar with her other books
-miscommunication trope used excessive

Maybe if I didn't read her debut novel, I could gave this book 4-5 stars, but I couldn't. I just can't. If in the near future I'll read a book where the main male character is described as "dark, tall and broad" I swear to God that I'll dnf it. I'm tired of this description. Give the character personality. Don't give me a mysterious, handsome man because is nothing to be mysterious about because in the end all the things about him are just normal, boring stuff. I want to read about men expressing their feelings and to speak their minds. This is not the main reasons part of why I didn't like this book.

Let's talk about the MISCOMMUNICATION trope. I purely hate it. It was too much because it happened in both sides. Why is soo hard to ask a simple question? Why? I don't get it. I understand you are afraid to ask some tough questions, but come on, you are f*king adults! ADULTS. You can't assume that you the other person knows just because it's obvious to you. It's not like that. You have to talk and you don't have to leave room for interpretation.
The plot twist didn't even surprised me because it was exactly the same as in The love hypothesis. You could come with an other idea, but no. Why we wouldn't put the same trope, the same characters, the same setting, the same plot twist from a book that has a blasting success into another one but change some names and the plot a little bit. And boom. Another bestselling book.

Now excuse me, I'll take a break from reading this kind of books and move to a good fantasy one with as little romance as possible.