Fable, by Adrienne Young

jaymieearley's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

zeebookdragron's review against another edition

adventurous funny medium-paced

meghancsylvester's review against another edition

treehugger513's review against another edition

That took me by surprise. I was a third of the way through when I convinced I wasn't going to be super excited about it. But now that I'm finished WHERE IS THE NEXT ONE!! Not the greatest bit of writing but the story is fun!

nash_carstairs's review against another edition

" I'd crossed the Narrows for a man who's probably never even loved me. For a dream that would never come true.”

4⭐

This book is good. It's a solid read with an engaging plot!

Plotline
Fable is the daughter of the famed Saint, a famous and powerful trader. But she doesnt live with him. Living in the islands for 4 years, She has worked all this time to find a way out and finally meet her father. But things are not so easy. Getting caught in a whirlwind of rivalaries, problems, and betrayals, Fable must now work hard and lie and conceal herself to reach her destination.
Aboard the Marigoldwith the most unlikely people she faces a lot of problems.

World
I really like the setting of this book. The whole book takes place in the sea and I really liked that. I havent read a book like this before so it made it extremely interesting and I loved .

World
The writng was nice. It was pretty simple but certain parts I really enjoyed.
Like :
“Like a weary bird flying out over the most desolate sea, I finally had a place to land.”

Romace
The romance is a subplot. Nothing very important.I didnt liek West and Fable toegtehr much. W

Fable is the MC. She seemed nice enough. She's super brave and having survived in those islands for nearly 4yrs u gotta admit she's super strong!
West is kinda okay. But I dont feel like ik much abt him!
Willa is badass. I love her. Auster is sweet.Paj is funny.Hamish is nicee.. MAYB?
We dnt really much abt the others...

Final Thoughts
I really liked it! But I felt something was missing.Except Fable, I wasnt a huge fan of the others.This book was a bit slow...but I powered through. There was like only 2 parts of the book that shocked me.

But I liked it
description

tinaareads's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

seekagreatperhaps's review against another edition

2.5 stars! Beautiful Cover but not a lot going on in terms of plot, characters are dull, romance is more dull. The only thing going for it is the setting.

emorris_332's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious slow-paced

I loved that the romance in this book was put on the back burner. So often they make it the sole focus with female characters, but we really get to see Fable in a light that I can appreciate from a feminist perspective. I wish that the sex scene, even though it was very non descript (we just know that it happened) was left out so that I could recommend it to younger girls I know could benefit from reading about such a a gutsy female lead.

lau01's review against another edition

adventurous challenging fast-paced

Cuteeeee

robbiemay's review against another edition