Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker

rya_meg's review

adventurous challenging mysterious tense

I wasn't really invested in the story but I did find the novel adorable overall.

annedreya's review

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

alej's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional inspiring mysterious reflective tense fast-paced

susuwatari69's review

I read this book in a couple days. It’s cute and soft, and I love the magic elements and that it’s queer, but I guess I wanted more backstory. The characters kind of fell a bit flat for me, but I’m glad they got a happy ending and they were a cute couple.

alyssasaurus's review

adventurous hopeful medium-paced

bookishkara's review

emotional hopeful mysterious medium-paced

I loved the art style and I loved the story! Such a sweet and cozy graphic novel.

imlouise's review

This was the cutest graphic novel ever

ericawrites's review

What a wonderfully sweet story about a reunion and romance between two friends who've just reached adulthood. One is a young woman, Nova, who is a witch and trying to figure out what she wants in her life. The other is Tam, a non-binary werewolf on the run from a demon spirit and a family secret. Both of them have longed to be with each other again, even just as friends.

They team up to try to stop a demon spirit from wreaking havoc on their hometown and stop the spirit from possessing Tam. The mystery of it all played out pretty obviously, but the story and art were so charming.

I loved the connection between Nova and Tam, and how the creators explored different types of families and community connections: good and bad. Nova also has hearing loss and wears hearing aids, and there are nifty parts of the story that incorporate her hearing aids both as a hindrance and as a boost to her magic.

fae_rey's review against another edition

So cute❤️