leweylibrarian's review against another edition

challenging emotional funny informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

ktmitzlaff's review

dark emotional funny informative reflective sad tense fast-paced

jnl00700's review

adventurous challenging emotional funny informative inspiring reflective sad tense medium-paced

narbine's review

emotional funny informative reflective fast-paced

Loved the audiobook and hearing him narrate it.

diananat's review

emotional funny informative inspiring reflective sad medium-paced

wardeh_m's review

emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring reflective sad fast-paced

booksbymlv's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

An honest and reflective book on pieces of Trevor Noah's youth. You can tell there's more stories than there are written, but he beautifully tells it nonetheless.

shebke_21's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny informative reflective sad tense

lynncornelissen's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective sad fast-paced

Fantastic. One of the most interesting and varied life stories told in an incredibly funny and lighthearted way. The topics covered and knowledge gained from this book are of such diverse nature that I believe anyone can learn something from this book. The audible version performed by Trevor Noah himself would be my recommendation as it adds such colour to the narrative.

beccic's review against another edition

challenging emotional funny informative slow-paced

This is the story of Trevor Noah's life before fame and he narrates it wonderfully. But it is also an explanation of apartheid and a brief history of race in South Africa. I really enjoyed this. It felt like a quick read and he manages to get the message of how messed up the whole system was while still maintaining the wit he is best know for. There are moments in this book that did shock me and there are moments that made me laugh, sometimes even about things that are no laughing matter. I found this book to be quite educational and informative in a way that was serious and lighthearted in just the right ways to make it memorable.