melancholymegan's review against another edition

emotional hopeful informative medium-paced
I don’t rate auto/biographies anymore but i would HIGHLY recommend this book.

_allison_'s review

kash's review

emotional funny reflective tense fast-paced

willg95's review

emotional informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

leweylibrarian's review against another edition

challenging emotional funny informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

ktmitzlaff's review

dark emotional funny informative reflective sad tense fast-paced

jnl00700's review

adventurous challenging emotional funny informative inspiring reflective sad tense medium-paced

gkerstetter's review

challenging emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring reflective sad tense medium-paced

I really enjoyed this book. I am an avid reader of fantasy and romance so this was outside of my comfort zone but it was done so well that I couldn’t put it down. Trevor Noah manages to talk about the effects of apartheid in a way that anyone could understand. I have already recommended this book to many people and will continue to recommend it.

dpearson5257's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional funny informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

As a nonfiction I do not feel you can put a star rating to someone'sstory, but to give recognition I rate them all a 5. I truly appreciated Trevor Noah’s honesty and comedy throughout the book. Life as a mixed child during an apartheid and after, I just found not even imagine. I loved his mother in this book and all the wonderful life lessons she taught him, no matter how “unorthodox” they may have seemed. I truly enjoyed this book and very appreciative of his vulnerability.

mrremi's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring sad medium-paced

This is a great book, I really enjoyed it. It's has some really sad parts, some really funny parts, it's full of love and humor.  It gives a really good look at like in South Africa under Apartheid and post Apartheid which is so important. I would recommend this to any and every adult.  And, despite everything Trevor has gone through, it's very inspiring.