Reviews tagging Sexual violence

From Blood and Ash, by Jennifer L. Armentrout

jupiterlee's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

The only reason this book didn't get a 5Star is because I am not sure how the rest of the series is going to play out. We have been told it is going to be 6/7books and I am wondering how the lacing is going to work.so I knocked half a star off as I am not jumping to read the next book.
That does not mean that I have lost interest or I am not intrigued because I am, but I feel that for the time being, for me, it has ended nicely that I can leave it for a while and then go back (this is coming from someone who hates to read unfinished series due to not having patience to wait for the next books to come out so this is a purely bias opinion)

It does start of slightly slow but I believe this is due to all the information that the reader needed to understand the back story etc,but it does pick up!
this series has a badass curvy woman as the protagonist that is snarky and doesn't like being told what to do. Of course here is also a beautiful male counter part that I believe most woman (and men) would throw themselves at. There are also plenty of side characters that you can't help but love.

It is a story that deals with a lot of different themes and I love nothing better that power hungry abusing individuals get what the deserve.

It should possibly come with a few content warnings such as abuse, torture (in my opinion), violence etc but I do not believe that any of them are graphic enough that it should cause distress but if you have experienced any you may want to be careful!

As I said at the begining, the pacing of this book certainly picked up and if has left me wondering how we are going to get 6/7 books out of this series but I am excited to find out and I am in it for the journey.

hopetilly's review

adventurous emotional mysterious medium-paced

miciahsreads's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional tense medium-paced

katelynnjada's review against another edition

adventurous dark reflective sad tense medium-paced

level1055's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark mysterious tense medium-paced

Ummm... I don't know how Casteel became lovable to you all...
🙏

solinel7's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional funny inspiring sad tense medium-paced

I actually enjoyed this book so much. There were many things that I saw coming but one I didnt and that was the end.
It's been a day since I finished reading it and I haven't stopped thinking about it so, had to get the others. I don't know what to say without spoiling so...
I gave it a 4.5 rating but it might change.

If you plan on reading this, you should definitely look for a list of Trigger Warnings. It's really important.

karinamorozova22's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny sad tense fast-paced

Go and read it, but be careful at the ✨spice✨

jub's review against another edition

adventurous dark medium-paced

blacksheep11's review

dark tense medium-paced

Spoiler
The beginning of the book was a bit slow but once it picked up I started to really enjoy it. I always knew Hawke was hiding something and I knew it would come to light. However the big shock reveal wasn’t shocking to me and in fact I just started to dislike hawke. But what really sent me off the edge was how she had the Stockholm syndrome effect and STILL wanting him. He played a part in ruining her life. Half of their ‘relationship’ was a lie. He was continuously treating her like she was his property. And wow I’m just so mad that people enjoy this. He would continuously hurt her emotionally and it was shown as ‘dark love.’ Nahh that’s just an abusive relationship being romanticized. Oh and just to add how it felt Paedophilic. She was constantly described as small and innocent. She was even given the clothes of a child at one point

ejlarson88's review

adventurous dark medium-paced

i don’t typically reread books but this is a series i would reread. it took longer than normal for me to get through but now that i’m done, i want to read it again.