Hate to Want You, by Alisha Rai

nellesnightstand's review against another edition

Talk about emotional roller coaster!! This tore my heart out then rebuilt it! So good, I couldn't put it down and stayed up to 3 am on a work night

earl_of_book_dragon's review

The one where Livvy and Nicolas are torn apart by feuding families for 10 years, but have been meeting in secret one a year. Livvy comes home to reconnect with family and shit hits the fan. This is

stephanywrites's review against another edition

Whew - this book was STEAMY! I would have liked a little more character development and plot, but still a very good romance.

foreveryoungadult's review against another edition

Graded By: Stephanie

Read the review here.

elizabethlk's review against another edition

I've heard so many good things about Hate to Want You, and as someone who really enjoys romance, it seemed like it was only a matter of time before I read it too. I finally read it, and I am glad I did. I just wish I had gotten to this one sooner.

The characters were likable and relatable, and touching on depression in relationships was interesting and easy to connect with. Alisha Rai's writing is both funny and sensitive. The sex scenes were great. I've mostly enjoyed more lighthearted stuff than this when it has come to my romance habits over the past couple of years, but the darker aspects in this interested me and got me in my soft bits (without being painful). I actually don't even normally enjoy the exes reconnecting trope very much, but it was so well done here.

I recommend it to other fans of emotional and sexy romances. I look forward to the next book in the series!

alleskelle's review against another edition

Loved!
Review to come.

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞

sunny_wordslikefury's review against another edition

Well well well! It turns out, there can be good erotica novels out there. I've meddled with new adult, and they're typically a hit or miss. Okay, mostly a miss. And I've meddled with erotica...and they're literally always a miss. But damn this book was so good and juicy.

This is one of the best friends to lovers to enemies to lovers again story I've ever read. Its also has the forbidden love/Romeo and Juliet thang going on. These are very common tropes in romance novels, but I really can't hate on it. Nicholas shouldn't want the daughter of the man who killed his mother. And Livvy shouldn't want the son of the man who ruined her family. Two people who were once madly in love are torn apart by family drama. So once a year, on her birthday, they meet at a random place and spend a lust-filled night together. Until one day, Livvy doesn't contact him.

This book does deal with mental health issues. I am ALWAYS iffy when I read about mental health in romance novels...especially erotica novels. Because...how do you make sure to keep the romance and the mental health separate? How do you make sure you don't create a "love cures all" trope? I was afraid this was going to be another book that uses mental health for the sole purpose of making the romance more "dramatic". In fact, the two characters do use each other. But they acknowledge they're in an unhealthy relationship, resulting in them wanting to do better. I am satisfied with the way the authors deals with these sensitive issues.

Don't forget the awesome POC rep!

Definitely one of the few NA/erotica books I've read in a while.

andiabcs's review against another edition

This was surprisingly really good! It was a story that was very loosely Romeo and Juliet feeling. Loved the chemistry between Nicholas and Livvy. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

bookwormbullet's review

challenging dark emotional reflective medium-paced

wineandpages's review