Just Might Work, by Katia Rose

truthaurdare's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted slow-paced

emilyetier's review

This book was so cute! I loved reading about Dane and Evangeline. Having them be so opposite and then so drawn together is one of my favorite tropes in books. Katia Rose does a WONDERFUL job of making her characters relatable in many different ways. The first thing in this book that I had related to was how Evangeline is reading at least 3 books at once.
Dane is such a wonderful person, and you can tell that they really care about photography. Evangeline is simply a cutie! I loved her personality and simply the fact that she has a pet axolotl. Evangeline has my whole heart.
Steamy and adorable, this book is definitely in my top romance books of the year. Let me end this review by some quotes I LOVED in the book.
"There's almost always a happy ending, and when There's not I can just pick up another book and find one."
"That's the thing about books: I've read so many I'm hardly ever surprised by a plot point, but I don't think surprise is anywhere near the greatest gift a book can give."

Thank you to Katia Rose and to StoryOrigin for an advanced copy of this ebook. All thoughts are my own.

juliaszulc's review

funny inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

laurens_bookshelf's review against another edition

emotional hopeful reflective medium-paced

I absolutely loved this book! It may not be perfect but I looooove fake dating and I absolutely loved it! There were different obstacles than normal I found with this fake dating and while it killed me with the slow burn but also it was so great because of that!

kaleerusnak's review

emotional funny medium-paced

readinginviolet's review

emotional hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

Loved this!! I really appreciated the effort Katia Rose took in writing Dane, including the realistic conversations about intimacy and body. Her spice scenes always feel so respectful and real while still being amazingly written. Her writing overall is gorgeous, and there were so many lines of beautiful description that really stood out to me. I did find the plot with Mark a little bit weaker than the rest of the book (Dane says he’s supposedly a great liar when he’s prepared but he’s really obviously lying at the dinner scene?) and I also felt like the transition from Dane and Evangeline disliking each other to being really attracted to each other was a bit sudden, but overall this was another amazing romance read!!

sophc's review

funny relaxing fast-paced

i love a good fake dating trope. this was a fast, easy, enjoyable romance read

janienefe's review