Reviews tagging Sexual content

A Darker Shade of Magic, by V.E. Schwab

creepypiespice's review against another edition

adventurous dark tense fast-paced

emilyplun's review

adventurous fast-paced

paper_queen's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

Initial Response
THAT. WAS. EPIIIIIIIIC.

High Lights
- I somehow managed to get through this one during NaNo, and OH MAN. It was magical.
- Kell is a precious person that must be protected at all costs.
- Lila is a snarky, knife-lover who wants to be a pirate and is pretty much the perfect mix of girl and thief.
- Rhy is the strangest little person, but I love him so very much.
- Holland is...complicated, and I really, really hate him, I do...But I also kind of love him? Like? He's an awesome villainous person??
Spoiler Athos and Astrid are chilling and epic and the perrrrfect villains. I'm almost kind of disappointed that they're gone...but I have a feeling that things are going to crazy in the next books. O_O

- THE MAGIC. IT'S MAGICAL. I LOVE IT. It was just so well explained, while still being a bit mysterious, and ANTARI ARE SO STINKIN' COOL.
- The other Londons...how to even begin. They're amazing. I love the connections,
Spoiler I love how things happen in one London, and also happen in the other Londons
I love how great the world is built and shown to us, and I really just need the second book.
- I'm so good at reviewing books. XD

Low Lights
- There was some swearing, but it was mild. However, there was some heavy violence, which didn't bother me too much, but it's not as sensitive a subject to me as it might be for others. So, read with caution.

Conclusion
This was so fun. It was such a great book to have to just take a break from writing and read a few chapters. It really inspired me and helped keep my creative juices flowing. Highly recommend if you're in the mood for a magical adventure.

shannonmarie's review

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

Absolutely loved this book. Was a bit worried I would be confused about the world based on the summary but the author did an amazing job setting it up and bringing the reader into the world. I am extremely excited to read the other books in this series.
SpoilerThe only thing I did not love about the book was the random kiss between the two main characters that came out of no where for me. I thought of them as having a much more platonic brother-sister relationship throughout the book so it took me off guard. However it was very short and was not built upon afterwards. Maybe the next book will either build that relationship up or go back to being very platonic.

Overall one of the best books I have read in awhile.