Haikyu!!, Vol. 01, by Haruichi Furudate

bluegirljade's review

funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

heidiliz's review

Currently making my way through season 4 of the anime and decided to read this bc I don't want it to end

ginacarra21's review against another edition

in lieu of an actual review, here are some excerpts from my texts to my friends as i read this

"the way their rivalry is purely based on wanting each other to improve and become better opponents to each other"

"THE PLOT TWIST OF TAKING THEIR RIVALRY AND MAKING THEM TEAMMATES IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CONCEPTS EVER"

"it's the there was one bed trope but it's there was only one team"

"THE RESPECT. THE JOY. THE CHANGE IN PERCEPTION OF EACH OTHER. ABSOLUTELY UNMATCHED CONTENT"

"HINATA HEAD EMPTY"

"THEY'RE ALL SO VULNERABLE ABOUT THEIR FEARS"

"I'm actually gonna cry forever"

_goldenbooks's review

emotional inspiring lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

callsignspin's review against another edition

i'm not emotionally capable to review this manga but I LOVE HAIKYUU so much WITH MY WHOLE LIFE AND SOUL AND BEING. i'm so heartbroken that it finally came to an end, i don't want haikyuu to end. i want to live in this world and devote my life to kagehina and the other characters. i want people to read it and love it as much as i do. bye crying

finished 2020
forever in my heart

sehnsucht's review against another edition

won't have much to say for these early volumes, as i both remember what has happened and am too hesitant to actually delve into themes as the story is only beginning. tsukishima's brusque and hyperrealistic perception of success provides a nice, natural antagonist for hinata's unflinching optimism.

with sugawara's current position as mangaka surrogate it's no wonder that readers shoehorned him into an untouchable, archetypal pigeonhole for so long.

overall the art is excellent, if still indicative of some inconsistency.

tmsmnrq's review against another edition

I finished the four seasons of the anime and can't wait for the yet-to-be-announced fifth season, so I'm gonna read these from the beginning (in the hopes it brings a deeper dimension to a story I enjoyed).

onebitebeom's review against another edition

4.5 stars

A brilliant start to an amazing series! I absolutely must get the rest of the volumes but thank the Lord I can read this on my phone! Love love love it!

emreads792ee's review against another edition

after finishing the anime i NEEDED to read the manga so obviously it’s a five star for meeee

feministreadinglist's review against another edition

Finally caved to peer pressure and started Haikyu!! So far it is very earnest and cute and has managed to avoid to much sports info-dumping or unbelievability.

Also Im digging the expressive art style