Today Tonight Tomorrow, by Rachel Lynn Solomon

paigesanford's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

gabs1328's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective relaxing slow-paced

madsivn's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

i didn’t feel as connected to the characters as i did in solomon’s ‘see you yesterday’, (only because i didn’t relate to them as much) but still appreciated the academic rivals to lovers trope - i felt the storyline was so enjoyable and fun !!!

erynxo's review

Reading this story I can picture almost each moment in my head that it really felt like I was reading a movie. Some might hate me for this but I can see this becoming a cute Netflix movie. Rowan and Neil have been high school reviles and for the last time they compete against each other at Howl. But in the event that they end up teaming up and competing against the rest of the senior class. They learn more about each other that they didn’t know and more about themselves.
It’s a cute quick read that I couldn’t help to keep reading to find out what would happen between these two in their adventure to win Howl.

gracelynnreads's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

miahnelson's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny informative inspiring lighthearted reflective sad tense medium-paced

dandelion27's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

a_ab's review against another edition

4.5*
This is a very cute, very well written and surprisingly realistic story. I appreciated the way it dealt with heavier issues - not brushing them aside, but not hammering on them either, the way many books, especially those written for young and new adults, tend to.

My only issue is that it felt a bit too long and packed too many mini adventures, not all of which had to be there. I didn't go location hopping through Seattle, I only read about it, but it felt exhausting even to me, especially given the extremely tight timeline. I wonder how accurate it was - it did not feel possible, especially given how much self reflection and self discovery was happening along the way.

I am happy that I picked this up after having visited Seattle - it made the reading experience more fun. It was all delightfully recognizable - the city, the places, the characters and the fact that they grew up in that city, the atmosphere, the emotions.

I think I find myself as surprised to have fallen in love with the book, as the characters were - with each other.

iffles's review against another edition

This was a fun YA enemies-turned-lovers romance that also included a scavenger hunt (which really appealed to me as I always wanted to do one as a kid/young adult and never did). I especially love that the couple in question were nerdy/driven students. I like it when the nerds are our heroes!

There was also a little more to this book in two ways. One, our main character had some revelations around the value of friendships and how you need to invest in them. Two, both the main characters are Jewish and there some antisemitism that they need to deal with, which is addressed in the book in a way that just made it feel so real for me. Despite not being Jewish, I felt I could put myself in their shoes enough to realize how little things - even ones where the person doing them THINKS they're being properly sensitive - really hurt and stick with you for the rest of your life.

But the book overall was a fun adventure where two enemies both realize how much they really mean to each other. Yay!

_amira_'s review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced