The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini

caitlinshea04's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious reflective tense medium-paced

mrsbsawyer's review against another edition

While I can appreciate the beauty of the language, particularly the description, I found the main character so unlikeable that I struggled to finish the book.

mari0320's review against another edition

adventurous emotional informative reflective slow-paced

🥲🤔🤨.☺ 3.5 🌟  ok. 😕 i was expecting a sad coming of age story, but i got the worse main character ever 😡😤 , i didn't understand any off his motive to treat his best friends like that, he didn't appreciate anything that he got and affects everyone with his frustrating desitions 🤬🤬, the author makes him a hero in the final part 🤯🤯 i didn't understand that either 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

eaewee's review against another edition

dark emotional sad

anotherlovelygirl's review against another edition

[3.5 stars]

I finished reading this in two days because I just couldn't put it down.

It tells the story of a rich Afghan boy and his servant, and how a tragedy broke them apart.

It was a heartbreaking story, and I'm surprised it didn't make me cry. I guess tragedy after tragedy, you just expect the worst, and get numb after a while.

The ending was predictable.

I really liked getting to know a little about the history of Afghanistan and their culture before the Taliban.

e_souptime's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional reflective sad tense slow-paced

majorditzy230's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional reflective sad tense fast-paced

krishmys's review against another edition

Well it is good and emotional, too emotional than necessary. plus too melodramatic, too too much, not even real life will be that convincingly coincidental. all I see is a person getting his redemption by getting ribs cracked. as the doc said lucky he survived!!
plus I think it was unnecessary to portray the suicide attempt of young Sohrab, but still it make sense when you are in a country like Afghan and you have seen all the bloodshed's and whatnot.
So as said, emotional, I did cry here and there and all in all it's a 3/5 from me.

katiekitch's review against another edition

Už si ani nepamatuju, kdy mě naposledy nějaká knížka takhle emočně vyčerpala, od prolitých slz po svíravý pocit na hrudi. V momentech, kdy jsem nečetla jsem ji měla stále v koutku mysli a jako hrdina knihy se vracela k událostem, co se staly. Velmi silný příběh, který budu ještě chvíli muset rozdýchávat.

thedevilnextdoor13's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional hopeful sad tense medium-paced