The Legacies by Jessica Goodman

kaylareadsbooks's review

challenging dark emotional funny fast-paced

humphrey_and's review

mysterious

marieintheraw's review

Listen, maybe I like a good "old money having problems YA story" every now and then. My biggest favorites really do end up being those that are a bit...thrilling. Jessica Goodman continues to have a great writing style.

I received an ecopy of this book through Netgalley; however, my opinions are my own.

christene_littlelibrary's review

The Legacies is a mysterious thriller teen drama. A dual timeline and a multiple povs. It follows a high society club that is full of secrets and mystery with a glimpse of pretty little liar and gossip girl. The book focuses on the nomination of students to the said club, and how it affects their future careers. It also involves relationships that were tear apart by secrets. That all lead to a mysterious death.

I liked how diverse the characters are, and even though they are not main they are still essential to the story. The plot is great but I wish the future timeline was a bit more detailed not to the point where there are no excitement but glimpses of their interviews like that. But it was a great and fun read overall. 4/5

alexanedesbiens's review

dark emotional mysterious medium-paced

sassyykassie's review

lighthearted mysterious tense fast-paced

* thank you Penguin house an earc in exchange for an honest review*

venzettareadinjune's review

If you liked the show/books Pretty Little Liars then you will like this. Based on a group of high school friends/family with secrets, lies, and betrayal. It was a good story line but wanted a little more information at the end.

lemonlime1ily's review

tense slow-paced

Mreh. Kinda liked it but not as good as her others.

thefantaysbookdragon's review

***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of THE LEGACIES by Jessica Goodman in exchange for my honest review.***

| a well crafted thriller with a lot of plot twist, that keeps you guessing the hole entire time.

this was one of my mostly highly anticipated books for 2023, and was very exited to see a mail from netgalley that I was approved to read advanced copy. and wow what was this good, I only read they'll never catch us. what was really good but not my cup of Thea. but this one let me start first I love when the is a secretly society and rich girls and boy's in school. also the writing style is very quick and it's not hard to understand what is going on. the charters were well crafted and the three point of views were really well done and I enjoyed it. with only 30% to go a lot of twist came what I really loved and even made me say what the * (curse word) a few times, if that happens for me I am really invested into the story, the ending was good maybe a little bit rushed I would have loved to see a few more chapters to wrap this story up, but overall it was a good ending and a very good thriller book for young adults (but adults could love this too)

anxiouslyreading33's review

I love jessica goodman. Usually I am hooked from the jump with her books but this one, the characters are so unlikable. Ritch kids living ritch kid lives. That took away from the mystery for me. I didnt care who died or why. Didnt help i lost the audiobook and had to wait a few weeks so i felt like the story was a loss for me.