The Foxhole Court, by Nora Sakavic

mellyj1124's review

dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

rosska22's review against another edition

This is one of my top two favorite series of all time. I've read this book SEVEN times.

yabamena's review against another edition

I'm not quite sure what to say about this book. It's a sports book, centered around a sport that doesn't even exist, and that alone should be enough to make me lose interest. And I honestly can't say I even actually /like/ any of the characters. I understand some of their motivations but I don't have any real affection for any of them.

And yet I was engrossed enough in the story to not only finish, but also look forward to the next books in the series. I also think the fact that this reads like an epic, well-written AU fanfic is a draw for me.

I will say I could do without the use of the r- word and the homophobic slurs thrown around so casually.

ethanreading's review

too much problematic language and not enough intrigue. i was so bored that whole 21% i wanted to rip my eyeballs out…

kk_willas17's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense slow-paced

I really enjoyed it I couldn’t wait to move onto the next book

heyling's review against another edition

Just finished re reading :( i miss them

novelishreads's review against another edition

I dunno if sports + the mafia work together

But this whole book is such a mess

And I don't like the weird misrepresentation of mental health regarding Andrew??? I mean I don't know if what Andrew's going through is real or if it's just something that the author wanted to add in to be quirky.

Also the whole plot is set on such shaky foundations... nothing quite makes sense and no one's motivations are fully developed?

Idk I'm interested to continue reading because I've heard it gets better

detroitbecame's review against another edition

Honestly, this book was fantastic. It was a little confusing at first, but once you get into it everything comes together so nicely. I ADORED the characters, I mean, yes, I hated them at times too, but they were so REAL, and they grew and adapted around and one another, creating a really beautiful story. I wasn’t able to put this book down, I was so completely wrapped up in the plot that I had moments where I realized “woah, i’m reading, this isn’t actually happening?” Anyways, I highly recommend this book, the characters are fantastic and the plot is exciting, I’m looked my forward to reading the next books immediately.

book_dolphin's review against another edition

Honestly had no idea what this book was about and I’m still kinda confused. I didn’t realise that Exy was a made up game which makes me feel stupid. I really like the characters and how unique they are and I kinda want to be part of their squad but also no. Since some characters had similar names (meaning they started with the same letter) sometimes I would accidentally mix them up, I have no idea how. I’m interested to figure out all their backgrounds stories and how their characters develop throughout the series. The drugs/mental illnesses was intense throughout the book and the ending kinda freaked me out so I feel like I need to read some happy books before continuing on with the series. BUT ALSO HOW COULD IT JUST END LIKE THAT but also cute-ish

nevex's review against another edition

i know i’ve only given it three stars but i was into this