aine15590's review against another edition

*3.5

yoursupremereads's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

mortimillianog's review against another edition

dark tense medium-paced
  • Loveable characters? N/A

belle_fiction's review against another edition

3.5 stars

Hmmmm...I think I might be being stingy with the star rating here but ahhhhh, this series is becoming bloody convoluted!! *clutches head* I found myself re-reading several pages since I hadn't a clue what was going on at times :/ which has really started to affect my enjoyment of the series.

Just when you thought the plot couldn't possibly be any more intricate, Ohba adds a hundred other things in to the mix! No wonder my head feels like a goldfish bowl!

I'm also still not over my heartbreak concerning the loss of a character in Vol. 4, and despite liking Near (not so much Mello), they aren't a patch on L.

However, the artwork remains stunning and the concept is a highly original one. I'm definitely excited to find out how this series ends.

jamielea86's review against another edition

dark tense fast-paced

hades9stages's review against another edition

obsessed…………. there’s not a single character i dislike

adamskiboy528491's review against another edition

Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 5 by Tsugumi Ohba makes you feel that the end is nigh. The plot is so intense that it makes you wonder how all of it is going to end.

Light has always been confident in his ability to outthink everyone, but L's protégés prove to be more challenging than he anticipated. The more Light mentally manoeuvres, the tighter the net around him becomes. And now, Near and Mello are working to break the task force apart and expose Kira from within! Light has always held up under pressure in the past, but will the stress of this new line of attack and the strain of maintaining three different personalities be the beginning of his end?

With Near openly suspecting the new L of being Kira and sowing doubt in the hearts of the Task Force members, Light is once again forced to pass the Death Note on to another to take the heat off himself. But this time, Kira chooses a disciple from among his true believers. With no way to contact his successor directly, Light must rely on his faithful follower's adherence to Kira's goals. Will this newest move bring Light's ideal world closer to reality? Or will losing control of the Death Note spell Light's doom?

annasusan's review

dark funny mysterious fast-paced

nikkireads_'s review against another edition

I am loving this series! So much is starting to happen and come together now. I can't wait to see how it all ends. The first half of this book I thought was a little slow but it started to pick up pace just before the halfway point.

patty_creatively_bookish's review against another edition

story 4/5