Opal, by Maggie Stiefvater

brittanyallyn's review

This was a lot better than most bonus novellas, maybe because of the floaty quality of Opal’s narration. I was so happy to see a side of Ronan we don’t really get to see, like when Opal sees him crying over a picture of his family. I’m very intrigued to learn more about the woman who might be a dreamer, assuming that’s a set up for the Ronan series.

axlaluto's review

lighthearted slow-paced

iwouldtrustmylifetohagrid's review

Amé leer desde la perspectiva de Opal a Ronan y Adam, pero al mismo tiempo, sentí feo (?

mosaicbrokenhearts's review

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

so sweet ugh i love them so much

readingwithmerb's review

Opal is a short story that bridges the gap between The Raven King and Call Down the Hawk, two books from different series, both set in Cabeswater. We follow Ronan and Adam through the eyes of Opal, and see a rather melancholy time period. The writing was as always, absolutely beautiful and creative. It was a nice glimpse into a time between large events in the characters life. Maggie Stiefvater makes even the most simple of things mesmerising. It was nice to see things from Opal's perspective, even if it was rather sad. I would not consider this necessary reading, but it is a nice bridge between the two series.

fish_reads's review

This was kind of everything I wanted. It was a small, bite-sized novella filled with magic and emotion and dreaming and love. It had these beautiful Ronan/Adam moments encapsulated in the perspective of the young and wild Opal. I started it for Ronan and Adam, but Opal's insight into the world, her self-discovery, her growth was so poignant and perfect. It was exactly what I needed while waiting for the publication of Call Down The Hawk.

voidfish's review

What a perfect little glimpse into Pynch's and Opal's life after TRK. Just the right amount of sad and sweet. Can't wait for the Ronan trilogy so we can see more of Opal and the gang!

mockingjayreads's review

So glad I read this after Call Down the Hawk, I think it adds a lot to it

jo_stranger's review

adventurous dark lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

Opal es un gran complemento post The Raven King. Narrado desde un punto de vista diferente y lleno de lírica. Maggie nos da una historia corta que tiene de todo, pelea, drama, pasión, pero también muchas dudas.

acire_13's review