Hunters of the Dusk, by Darren Shan

owls_rainbow's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious fast-paced

goldenslug's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

titanic's review against another edition

I honestly struggled to read this book. Every page just drained me of energy, and I just want nothing more to do with it. Why can't I just hurry up and finish reading them?

I also found that like Darren Shan's Demonatas series, the books were boring and dragged out, but were ok for the last 3 chapters, and I can now see the repeat cycle happening for this series, damn.

delijha711's review against another edition

I feel like this book was just a filler.
I mean nothing really exciting happened honestly. The story just moved a long.
Yes we met new and very interesting characters such as the other Vamire Prince and the witch that is clearly the sister of Mr. Tall and the kids that was from the story! Duh! (I mean I hope so because I said that with a lot of confidence) But it wasnt a book that was either exciting or boring, it is what it is. I look forward to the next one, hopefully it adds more to the story.

angharadmair's review against another edition

Hunters of the Dusk was most definitely the least interesting of the series thus far, which is upsetting since it's supposed to be drawing closer to the huge finale. Nevertheless, I did find myself enjoying the snippets of information that were littered every so often about Harkat's previous form! I believe he was maybe the brother to Evanna… I'm also pretty sure that the Vampeneze Lord is Steve Leopard/Leonard — since that would make perfect sense!

sckanque's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious fast-paced

mrswhiscombe's review against another edition

Nothing really happened. Hating “to be continued” should be a 4 series not a 12 book series! Good build up for the next book

charlottevandenberg's review against another edition

When a friend of mine recommended a young adult series to me about vampires I was a little hesitant. Thinking back a few years to the time I tried many vampire series friends of mine loved I almost lost interest completely. But I trusted this friend and decided to check it out. I could always stop reading after the first book. I was relieved to see that this book didn’t look like any of the other vampire books I tried to read so I didn’t have come up with an excuse why I couldn’t read this series. I’m so glad I gave it a chance.

This is the seventh book of the series and it still isn’t boring or predictable. These are great books if you feel yourself getting into a reading slump and you need to read a book that’s interesting and easy. I usually read these books when I’m reading a something that’s hard to get through and I need a break.

I liked this book but I did have a few problems with some things:

This book had a new character I didn’t like. We meet a new prince: Vancha. The way he acts is just too much and extreme. I would have liked him better if the way he behaved was more subtle. There was a conversation between him and Darren where we find out he want to beat the sun so he tortures himself by walking around in daylight. I don’t know maybe I’m wrong but that makes no sense to me.

Darren goes through something called '’the purge’’. It’s a sort of super-fast vampire puberty. I didn’t like this because I loved reading about him struggling with growing up so slowly and it was so unexpected and felt forced.

The names vampaneze and vampets. I don’t think it should be very hard to come up with something better than that.

alexampersand's review against another edition

This one felt like quite a slog. I'm really not such a huge fan of the journey-preparing-for-war type story, and I'm concerned that that's what the entire rest of the series is going to be. I'm disappointed that in the previous book there were some hints at the moral and ethical dilemmas of the fight against the vampaneze, but those seem to have been cast aside in this book. I hope it comes back into play at some point...

19minnie's review against another edition

Weeral een leuk verhaal rond deze halfvampier. Het viel me nu wel op dat er telkens gewerkt wordt met trilogiën binnen de serie rond Darren Shan.