Reviews tagging 'Chronic illness'
The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
lvr105's review against another edition
- Plot- or character-driven? Character
- Strong character development? Yes
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? No
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
I found this book very compelling before the time jump - afterwards, I found myself frustrated with Theo’s character and less invested in the story. The prose is beautiful, but the plot tends to either drag on or rush through important moments.
Graphic: Death of parent, Death, Grief, Suicidal thoughts, Suicide attempt, Suicide, Violence, Addiction, Alcohol, Drug abuse, and Drug use
Minor: Child abuse, Chronic illness, Domestic abuse, Medical content, Infidelity, and Forced institutionalization