Elven Doom by Lindsay Buroker

neilsef's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted mysterious tense fast-paced

This, as with the previous books in the series, was a pure delight to read, being an engaging mixture of all the elements that make a good story, action, mystery, humour, tension, magic and of course, Dragons.

All the characters have wonderful, if a little quirky, personalities, that continue to be developed, together with the interactions between them.

The story continues with Val trying to find the Dark Elves and work out what they are planning while also figuring out just what her relationship with Zav is, which is further complicated by his sister, Zondia's distrust of her.

This is another fast-paced, highly entertaining and engaging read that has only one problem, it's too short 😁.

marajade's review against another edition

adventurous funny medium-paced

I truly love the way that Lindsay Buroker writes her stories. They are fun to read and the interactions between the characters is good. I love the dry humor of Willard. The goblin Gondo who can use everything to build things.
But it is also good to see that she adresses humans aren't always perfect as we see in Val her health and how she deals with the effects of her stressfull life.

shawniebooks's review

I'm still enjoying this awesome series.

anamustacho's review

Spiced up. I really love the down to earth part regarding entrepreneurship. I can already see the newly formed inn I would visit during a RPG.

Also those dark elves are smart scientists. Awesome!

riahtalon's review against another edition

adventurous funny medium-paced

nightynight's review

I have read the 4 books in this series (for the moment) in a total whooping of 3 days. They are really good and easy to read.
They remind me a bit of Kate Daniels (there is magic in the normal world and the heroine is a kickass) but still have their personality/plot/world.
This book is good, its easy to read, there is no errors that make you cringe...
Anyways, when Val and Zav finally get together I'm expecting some heavy duty sex with all the dirty details (its book 4 and the best we got is kissing, although the tension makes up for it)

nixttz's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted

gypsydawn's review against another edition

4.5 Rounded Up

I just love these characters! Val's snark alone is worth indulging in this series, but add in Willard's own brand of sarcasm, Zav's oblivious superiority, Nin's quiet business sense, along with the wealth of other backup and background characters, and you've got a treasure trove of humor, action and individual souls that stand out from the crowd.

This installment sees Val advancing her relationship with Zav... kind of, while fending off the overzealous suspicions of his Dragon Sister, a sister determined to prove that Val is out to harm her Dragon Lord Brother. In all fairness, she has reason for her distrust, but it makes for a dicey, and dangerous, situation, one that is compounded by the deadly attention of the Dark Elves.

In true Buroker style, it's fun, intense, wit filled and exciting.

Perspective

M/F

Character Age Range

40's +

My Final Verdict on Elven Doom

A wonderful installment that gets to the nitty gritty of this action filled, emotion laden adventure. Hysterical to boot.

bridgeofbooks's review

dark emotional funny medium-paced

annieoohhhm's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced