Reviews tagging Vomit

Battle Royal, by Lucy Parker

caseythereader's review

emotional funny lighthearted reflective slow-paced

getbrekked's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

100_pages_hr's review against another edition

emotional reflective medium-paced

I love Lucy Parker's writing. Her voice is one I enjoy regardless of setting or anything else.

I really enjoyed getting to know Sylvie and Dominic. I always enjoy the opposites attract tropes and this was no exception. It was quite interesting how different these two were and it was fun to see how things worked out. I really liked that while neither had a perfect childhood they both had some good memories. I loved how they began to open up to each other. I also loved how it lended well to personal growth for both characters throughout the book

Sometimes side characters don't do much for me, but I really liked Pet. I'm hoping she gets featured in a future book in this series.

Reality television and baking in general are not my favorite - but that shows you how good Parker is - because I still really enjoyed this book. The reality television parts were appropriately dramatic and the cake parts had me wishing sugar didn't have such a bad effect on me.

I look forward to more in this series and reading a new Parker book has me wanting to reread her first series.

I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley. This is my honest review.

meganpbennett's review

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

I received a free ARC from William Morrow, through a Goodreads giveaway. And I loved it. The two characters are well fleshed out for a romance novel, and the chemistry is real. I also enjoyed the GBBO knockoff that they two main characters are the judges for, as well as the set up for the next novel. The royals were a nice change from the usual depictions.