Reviews tagging Car accident

Battle Royal, by Lucy Parker

coacklebee's review

funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

God, this book made me so happy. Believable enemies to lovers, no miscommunications or lying, some of the funniest one-liners I've read in years, and a whole slew of characters I want to read whole series about.

Not quite a five star read for me because of some confusing moments where I had to go back a couple of paragraphs to figure out what I had missed, but man, I loved the characters and I laughed so hard. This book is a freakin' delight!

caseythereader's review

emotional funny lighthearted reflective slow-paced

getbrekked's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

lnzava's review

adventurous emotional hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective sad slow-paced

100_pages_hr's review against another edition

emotional reflective medium-paced

I love Lucy Parker's writing. Her voice is one I enjoy regardless of setting or anything else.

I really enjoyed getting to know Sylvie and Dominic. I always enjoy the opposites attract tropes and this was no exception. It was quite interesting how different these two were and it was fun to see how things worked out. I really liked that while neither had a perfect childhood they both had some good memories. I loved how they began to open up to each other. I also loved how it lended well to personal growth for both characters throughout the book

Sometimes side characters don't do much for me, but I really liked Pet. I'm hoping she gets featured in a future book in this series.

Reality television and baking in general are not my favorite - but that shows you how good Parker is - because I still really enjoyed this book. The reality television parts were appropriately dramatic and the cake parts had me wishing sugar didn't have such a bad effect on me.

I look forward to more in this series and reading a new Parker book has me wanting to reread her first series.

I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley. This is my honest review.