Battle Royal, by Lucy Parker

read_watch_sarah's review

emotional lighthearted slow-paced

thebookishmusician's review

⭐️⭐️⭐️✨ 3.5/5

This book was really cute, but somehow even by the end of it, I didn’t feel very connected with the characters. Normally I read romcoms pretty quickly, but this one took me a bit to get through. Pet was probably my favorite character, so I’ll definitely be back for the next book!

mc7196's review

A very beautiful and swoon-worthy book that's filled with so many cute moments! I love the writing, the character and relationship development, and the general chemistry that sparked off every page. My only complaint is that there even though I loved the many storylines weaving through the book (adding some delicious spice), because there were so many, I feel like a few were left unresolved/tied off too quickly. I suppose it could just be set up for the next book, but I wish there was more of a resolution to some of the plot lines in this book. Looking forward for the next book though!!

exaggeratedtail444's review

Absolutely delightful. And here, ladies and gents, we have protagonists that are not only a little older, they are actually MATURE. They COMMUNICATE. They LISTEN. They give each other space. They understand what relationships look like. The side plots were incredibly interesting and the drama in this book came from that angle, not from the main relationship itself. Also, the baking bits were delightful. I can see some other couples that may get their own books and I need those now.

thebohoboooblogger's review

Ahh!! I loved this one sooo cute! I can’t wait for book 2!

breanalynae's review

hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

bookrambler's review

If you love books about rival bakers falling in love where one is sunshine & the other is grumpy, then you should pick this up! There's lots of amazing cake mentioned, also a reality show and a royal wedding to bake/battle for(?)

Thanks to the publisher and the author for an eARC!

slothette's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

Adorable, delightful romance with proper adults who can communicate with one another. I loved that the conflict felt genuine instead of manufactured, and am eagerly looking forward to reading more from this author!

sabyakni's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted sad medium-paced

tasneemvazir's review