The Viscount Who Loved Me, by Julia Quinn

rissahoo's review against another edition

After reading the first Bridgerton book, I can understand why it was made into a series (which I haven’t seen). I think it has more to do with snappy dialog, strong visuals, and simple plots (very screenplay-ready), than with being a good example of a Regency romance. I tried to read this one, but I just don’t like Anthony and it quickly started to feel like an unpleasant chore.

hargerm's review against another edition

I am so in love with the Bridgerton series! I absolutely love books that are in a series and revisit older characters, and this one, being a series that follows the siblings, is exactly that! Though I loved the first one, this one is a close second! I cannot wait to continue to embark on the Bridgerton journey and continue reading all about the other siblings and their romantic adventures!

belanna_l's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny lighthearted sad tense medium-paced

This would be a 5 ⭐️ book but it loses .25 for Anthony’s thing with feet 🤢

kaur's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

thebookcoyote's review against another edition

You know, I hate the descriptions on the back of romance novels. They leave so much out and make the books sound so much sillier and pettier than they actually are. As they do with this book. But that's beside the point. As with the other two Julia Quinn novels I have reviewed to this point, this book was very good. I enjoy her writing style a great deal, although this book is a bit less "witty" than the other two - it certainly has its moments. I think one of the things I like best about Julia Quinn is how she makes her characters real. None of them are perfect - they all have their little foibles, which makes it easier for those of us who are not made to be in romance novels understand and relate that much better. Such as the fact that Kate can't dance. And she's a miserable musician. And she's fidgety. It just makes her human. Anthony is a wonderful tortured hero, as well, although in a much different way than Michael (When He Was Wicked) or Simon (The Duke And I). Truly an enjoyable book! I can't wait to read the rest!

therevallison's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

jody_08's review against another edition

funny lighthearted sad medium-paced

mirelleisreading's review against another edition

Okay so I loved the Bridgerton series adaption and I just saw Kate Sharma in my head. Even though some things are different from the series I loved their banter.

AND THAT PART UNDER THE DESK…
I’ll never get over it!!

jules1322's review against another edition