The Unhoneymooners, by Christina Lauren

egardner24's review against another edition

What a fun read! It was way funnier than I thought- I caught myself snorting a couple of times! Loved the setting of Maui and the awkwardness of close proximity enemies >:) It is the perfect book to slap right into a rom com. No real edits needed. Just lighthearted and predictable, which made it a fast and fun read.

alexandrareadsssss's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

irhodes's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

pavreads's review against another edition

This was funny and sweet and I really enjoyed it.

s_reads4's review against another edition

very cute

readingwithtrey's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

SpoilerFirst let me say, this was super cute and overall I enjoyed it. However, I had to get over a few things in order to really like it.

1. It didn’t seem very realistic. Olive running into the CEO of a company that she literally got hired at 5 minutes ago in Maui (they live in Minnesota) was already a stretch. THEN you add in Ethan running into a newly engaged ex on top of that and we’re really grasping at straws here. Let’s say it’s all for the sake of a story. I’ll pretend it’s not unrealistic… but then…

2. Dane. How in the world can one guy be SUCH a tool and there not be any red flags??? I just don’t understand. There’s no way Ami didn’t see any red flags prior to marrying him. Like he was able to put on that much of an act with her? So much so that she was willing to believe him over her own sister? I don’t buy it.

All that aside, when I just pretend those things don’t bother me, the story was cute and I did find myself wanting to keep reading. Also the entire paintball scene commentary was hilarious. I legit laughed out loud.

briaravenuebooks's review against another edition

okay, okay, this one deserves the hype it gets. a fun twist on the enemies-to-lovers trope, and i loved that the whole book didn’t take place just on the vacation. i also loved that the conflict wasn’t just a stupid misunderstanding or miscommunication, that was refreshing. my first book by christina lauren and definitely not my last! a must read for romance lovers, especially those who don’t like a lot of spice. (i personally was hoping for more spice, but the book was good enough without it so i guess i’ll let it slide)

cindz's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

livruther's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

my two issues with this book were: sometimes olive got on my nerves, and i wish it was dual pov. besides that, it was wonderful, just like every christina lauren book.

sophie_r's review against another edition

This was out of the realm of my usual reads, but you know what I actually enjoyed it. It had a lot of strong points - the humour (I laughed out loud at least three times), the family dynamic, and the brilliant and witty dialogue between the characters. However, I felt a little iffy about some of the characters, particularly Ethan. I liked him, but didn't necessarily want to root for him. If anything I wanted Olive to ditch all the men in her life and come into her own. Overall, a fun and easy read if you're looking for something to disappear into for a while.