Reviews tagging Sexual content

flalaw08's review

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

jen1804's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

I looooooved this book. I also read it whilst on my own honeymoon which was just so perfect because it meant I was so absorbed into the narrative.
This read is laugh out loud funny, I got some looks from fellow holiday-goers whilst I was reading this and chuckling to myself.
It is well written and the female main character, Olive, is relatable, I enjoyed Olive’s internal thoughts. The banter and teasing relationship created between Olive and Ethan is EVERYTHING. I loved that their back and fourth felt authentic, they were never truly enemies, more like frenemies and I adored their ability to rip into each other from the word go. Sometimes enemies to lovers stories can feel a bit stupid but I can’t explain accurately how much I loved this set up and how it played out.
The book also has wholesome familial content which warmed my heart so much.
Ethan ‘grand gesturing, for the right person’ melted me and I also loved the epilogue, it felt very apt and in keeping with the characters.
Recommended read, particularly if you’re on holiday.
Satisfactory ending? Yes

jaynovara's review against another edition

emotional tense medium-paced

lexslillibrary's review

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

SO GOOD! Seriously I love their relationship and I love Olive and Ami’s family dynamic. Ethan is just so good

onefineelephant's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

10/10. This book has instantly become one of my top 5 favorite romcoms. It gives such an early 2000s movie romcom feel (think 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and 10 Things I Hate About You) with all of the animosity, sexual tension, and wacky antics. I love the "I hate you but actually we were perfect for each other all along" trope and man does this book deliver. This book made me laugh, cackle, giggle, cry, and scream - the concoction that creates a perfect book to me. It definitely gives soulmates vibes. Highly recommend.

raeraesbooks's review

Ethan should not have been forgiven so easily, he gaslit and made our girl think she was an awful person for BEING AWARE OF HER SURROUNDINGS

nehanaomi's review

emotional funny fast-paced

why were they always growling

Spoiler
I really enjoyed the "enemies" to reluctant friends bit of this, love that cheesy shit. I hate Ethan's refusal to believe his brother is not a good guy despite his obviously sketchy behaviour, that he pressured Olive into not telling her twin about his brother's lies, and that he only admitted he was wrong when it was too late.
Spoiler

aditi_801's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

Ok so this book wasn't horrible. I didn't entirely hate it. Did I find the characters entirely unoriginal and boring and not worth reading about? Yes. Did I at least think they were funny and mildly entertaining? Also yes. But then again, I didn't really ship the relationship to much to begin with. Or to end with. So really, there's not too many good things about this book. I was looking for a cute rom com and I found only the comedy aspect. The comedy and plot were good. I can name nothing else. There's truly not much else to say about this book. I didn't hate it enough to write multiple paragraphs about why I hated it but didn't love it enough to gush about it. So let's just leave it at that.

https_maddie's review

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

Loved this book! An amazing holiday read, super easy text to read and a good plot with loveable characters. I loved the plot twist at the end <3

gcoulsxn's review