Reviews tagging Vomit

The Unhoneymooners, by Christina Lauren

lexslillibrary's review

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

SO GOOD! Seriously I love their relationship and I love Olive and Ami’s family dynamic. Ethan is just so good

onefineelephant's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

10/10. This book has instantly become one of my top 5 favorite romcoms. It gives such an early 2000s movie romcom feel (think 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and 10 Things I Hate About You) with all of the animosity, sexual tension, and wacky antics. I love the "I hate you but actually we were perfect for each other all along" trope and man does this book deliver. This book made me laugh, cackle, giggle, cry, and scream - the concoction that creates a perfect book to me. It definitely gives soulmates vibes. Highly recommend.

magicwithren's review

nehanaomi's review

emotional funny fast-paced

why were they always growling

Spoiler
I really enjoyed the "enemies" to reluctant friends bit of this, love that cheesy shit. I hate Ethan's refusal to believe his brother is not a good guy despite his obviously sketchy behaviour, that he pressured Olive into not telling her twin about his brother's lies, and that he only admitted he was wrong when it was too late.
Spoiler

gcoulsxn's review

emotional lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

juliaaaaaa's review

emotional funny sad fast-paced

the first half was good, until the part where he didnt believe her, and the worst part is that she forgave him and then they got back together. miss girl is blind if she cant see the red flag.

gwynn0715's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

readingwithtrey's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

SpoilerFirst let me say, this was super cute and overall I enjoyed it. However, I had to get over a few things in order to really like it.

1. It didn’t seem very realistic. Olive running into the CEO of a company that she literally got hired at 5 minutes ago in Maui (they live in Minnesota) was already a stretch. THEN you add in Ethan running into a newly engaged ex on top of that and we’re really grasping at straws here. Let’s say it’s all for the sake of a story. I’ll pretend it’s not unrealistic… but then…

2. Dane. How in the world can one guy be SUCH a tool and there not be any red flags??? I just don’t understand. There’s no way Ami didn’t see any red flags prior to marrying him. Like he was able to put on that much of an act with her? So much so that she was willing to believe him over her own sister? I don’t buy it.

All that aside, when I just pretend those things don’t bother me, the story was cute and I did find myself wanting to keep reading. Also the entire paintball scene commentary was hilarious. I legit laughed out loud.

honkmoon's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

I really liked this. Very witty, lots of banter, not much spice. Personally though
Spoiler I would not have forgiven Ethan

fromjuliereads's review

funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

I was surprisingly pleased with how much I enjoyed this book! I loved the characters, the premise, the way that some of the plot was dealt with - fantastic. Can I just say that Ami and Olive are my heroes!? Anyways, fantastic enemies to lovers with some serious and great topics, and I definitely laughed out loud multiple times. Now, can we get a story about Diego??? (Not sure if this already exists, I haven't looked yet...)

TRIGGER WARNING FOR HP REFERENCES