Reviews tagging Body shaming

The Unhoneymooners, by Christina Lauren

jaynovara's review against another edition

emotional tense medium-paced

lexslillibrary's review

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

SO GOOD! Seriously I love their relationship and I love Olive and Ami’s family dynamic. Ethan is just so good

magicwithren's review

raeraesbooks's review

Ethan should not have been forgiven so easily, he gaslit and made our girl think she was an awful person for BEING AWARE OF HER SURROUNDINGS

pops's review

gcoulsxn's review

emotional lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

juliaaaaaa's review

emotional funny sad fast-paced

the first half was good, until the part where he didnt believe her, and the worst part is that she forgave him and then they got back together. miss girl is blind if she cant see the red flag.

readingwithtrey's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

SpoilerFirst let me say, this was super cute and overall I enjoyed it. However, I had to get over a few things in order to really like it.

1. It didn’t seem very realistic. Olive running into the CEO of a company that she literally got hired at 5 minutes ago in Maui (they live in Minnesota) was already a stretch. THEN you add in Ethan running into a newly engaged ex on top of that and we’re really grasping at straws here. Let’s say it’s all for the sake of a story. I’ll pretend it’s not unrealistic… but then…

2. Dane. How in the world can one guy be SUCH a tool and there not be any red flags??? I just don’t understand. There’s no way Ami didn’t see any red flags prior to marrying him. Like he was able to put on that much of an act with her? So much so that she was willing to believe him over her own sister? I don’t buy it.

All that aside, when I just pretend those things don’t bother me, the story was cute and I did find myself wanting to keep reading. Also the entire paintball scene commentary was hilarious. I legit laughed out loud.

honkmoon's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

I really liked this. Very witty, lots of banter, not much spice. Personally though
Spoiler I would not have forgiven Ethan

brittanybwrites's review

funny relaxing medium-paced

This book isn’t that funny, TBH. I hate starting out a book review like this, but it’s the truth. The only time it made me wheeze laugh was when they brought up Cub Foods, and that was my childhood store that me, my mama, and my grandmama went into every single friday. Now yes, the free trip to Maui was cool and amazing, but to lie to your boss when you meet him that you’re married to your worst enemy, to me, is wrong. Then the whole ending kinda threw me off when they did the whole ‘my sister’s husband flirted with me, and oh we found out that he’s a massive serial cheater and had cheated on his wife with three women’ and then Olive’s life turning upside down-from getting fired to breaking up with Ethan…it was a whole-ass mess. I was so close to DNFing this book because of how chaotic it was, but there was some good parts to it…the Cub Foods mention was the only thing that made me laugh real hard. The rest…the rest was just one weird ride that was just otay.

First off, we meet a young woman named Olive who’s twin sister is getting married, and she has to deal with all the wedding shit that goes with a wedding. During the reception, erryone gets sick with some stomach flu, and that leaves Olive going on a honeymoon…with none other than the man she hates more than life itself, more than me hating Dio and Maven with a passion…Ethan Thomas. The man basically has a weird phobia with buffets and hates Olive’s guts.

First off, he fat-shames her, which is a huge-ass YIKES in my book. Then they have to act married when they get there, and then they spend half the vacation spending time with Sophie, his ex, and her fiance, Billy (the assistant manager of Cub Foods…DAMMIT), and then they meet up with Olive’s boss and his wife for dinner.

Then the one sex scene was just eh, okay. Kinda wanted more, but it happened close to the end, and when the went back to the real world, that’s when Olive lost her dream job with her dream business, Dane hit on her, and when she told Ethan he didn’t believe her, so they broke up, then she told Ami about Dane, and then the sister didn’t believe her.

Uh…okay…I thought this book was about enemies to lovers, the thing booktok likes??? Where the hell did all this hate and animosity come from, all because Olive told the truth about the sister’s husband? All in all, this book confused the hell out of me and I did like it, but I wish it was less confusing, more funny, and more enemies to my liking before they become lovers. This is otay, like I said, nothing to run home and tell mama about, tbh.