Beswitched, by Kate Saunders

possiblyeve's review against another edition

hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

i love this kids’ book. a levels are killing me, i just need a nice story plz

elllie's review against another edition

This one was okay, but I wanted more than I got from it. The plot was a bit anti-climactic, but the author did a nice job of portraying 1930s England and explaining what it'd be like for a time-traveler.

Also, definitely for a mature middle-grade reader. There are some weird little sexual references (talking about Grandma sleeping with a lot of people and the mention of a comedic striptease at the end), and lots of rude-ish British slang that would probably seem more rude to British people than to people from the US (bollox, etc.).

m_wende's review against another edition

Yasssssssssssssss.

This book was epic... I love the ending to this book and it was beautifully written. I totally recomend this book.

rb26's review

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

Fun and magical, with a great twist at the end. The characters occasionally seemed inconsistent and shallow, and the fatphobia made it feel quite dated, but on the whole I enjoyed it.

louise_charlotte's review against another edition

This was my favourite book as an 11 year old, and re-reading it has been a fantastic experience. I have never loved a book quite like I love this one, and I think that everyone should read it. It is emotional, heartfelt and sweet, and really makes you value what you have as it can be so easily lost. This will forever be my favourite novel.

lisafer's review against another edition

I reserved this from the library on a whim because I'd read another Saunders novel. It was a surprise to pick it up and discover it was juvenile fiction. It was even a bigger surprise to discover that she's writes kids' literature as well as adult. This book was quick and pleasant, something I'd easily recommend to any young girl (or even boy) who was remotely interested in time-travel.

phenexrose's review

fast-paced

curlyhairedbooklover's review

I really enjoyed reading this the first time and reading it again 3 years later I had forgot some of the plot and really enjoyed rediscovering the story.

nce14210's review

Terrific time travel book. I love these things. Very well done.

wordnerdy's review