Reunion by Karen Kingsbury

bsalinas33's review

First book that ever made me cry and I literally couldn't hold it together one of those really ugly cries....I hope no one walks in on me....ha!! Definitely a great read though!!!

nolegirl's review

Last book of this series and of course it ended about how I expected. That isn't bad, since the journey there was the real story. No a heavy read, but well worth it to see how the characters handle life within their Christian teachings and beliefs.

toellethebooks's review against another edition

The first two books of this series, I had a hard time finishing but I really noticed the improvement of the storytelling in the latter books. The plot also became more interesting and there were less unnecessary extra details.

Also, I really appreciate and hold in my heart the lessons I have learned with this series. This series made me look at my faith in a lot of different perspectives.

nol_starr's review

Ughh for the last 20 pages and 30 minutes of this book I just sobbed and couldn’t stop sobbing. I never cry over books but this one got me!! Karen Kingsbury has a way of writing so real and authentically, making it feel so real!

bookish_noa's review

I know this is not the end of the Baxter family.
I love this series so much

kentuckybooklover's review against another edition

emotional reflective sad slow-paced

vcarter's review

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective

abigailkayharris's review

A bittersweet filled ending to the first Baxter series. The little snippets of backstory were interesting in their build-up to what was going on and what had happened in the Baxter's past, I logged the care and love between the family and how it was shown in the grief that the family goes through in Reunion. The joy and grief, the hurt, and the healing, the smiles and sorrow, they were all woven together into an ending of one story into the next.
There are some parts that got too telling and not enough something but otherwise was fine.

stepgg's review

I was looking forward to this book. I assumed there would be a happy ending.. Nope this whole book was depressing as eff. it doesn't help that the book was all about Elizabeth dying and I just went through this with a family member so I could hardly get through the book. i felt like she wrote this book more trying to be a lesson than a story. (hey make your life count!) I felt like Karen tried to wrap up n make all the kid's stories all happy n hunky dorry to make up for this super sad book. I did not like how she threw I'm the secret son, I felt like his was thought up for this book and to make another series but it didn't seem like it fit in with the four previous books. really they kept that a secret all this time even when two of their kids had babies out of wedlock?? To me this whole book was a flop

rebar351's review

This book broke me in more ways then one. I don't think I've cried so hard reading a book since reading Karen's 9/11 series. Reunion was so beautifully written. Have a box of Kleenex beside you readers when you read this.. you will need them!