Reviews tagging 'Sexual content'
adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? Plot
- Strong character development? No
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? No
- Flaws of characters a main focus? No
I was expecting a sweet, historical romance, but got a horror novel instead. Horror novels are not my thing and this one was definitely creepy. It wasn’t necessarily a bad horror novel, but the advertising did not communicate the fact that it was a horror novel. It was a bit predictable and cliché though.
- Chelsea by Phoebe Bridgers- this one doesn’t fit very well, but I got the same vibes from this song and this book
- august by Taylor Swift- for Rebecca and Sam
- Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson- for Ellerie
- The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson- if you want a younger, cleaner, and more christian version of this book then The Monster in the Hollows is the book for you!
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. R**ling (god I hate to write her name)- I was reminded of Ginny’s storyline while reading this book
Graphic: Animal death, Gore, and Blood
Moderate: Murder, Pregnancy, Grief, Religious bigotry, and Violence
Minor: Suicide, Ableism, Sexual content, Miscarriage, Misogyny, and Gun violencemore content warnings: ableist language, cheating