Reviews tagging Colonisation

Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi

1 review

antinomes's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny fast-paced

There will be a bird today. It will be white with streaks of gold like a crown atop its head. It will fly.

[screaming] this fuckin’ quote!! [end screaming]

i was scrolling through tumblr today, as one does, and i must’ve come across an edit of juliette and warner or something of the like because my mind decided that i simply had to reread these books. it irks me how much of a mood reader i am, but alas. this is, what, my third reread of the series? actually, i don’t think i’ve ever fully finished the series before — only the first three or four books. i lost interest in the rest a while ago.

Spoiler
anyways, i spent this reread mostly looking for easter eggs and details that i missed during my other rereads, because i know the plot well enough now to not really care about it. i forgot that adam has an eyebrow piercing, for one. and the whole “possessive is not a strong enough word for warner” monologue. it was hilarious the first time around and i still chuckled a little during this read as well. (also the “go to hell.” he works his jaw. walks to the door. “i’m working on it.” is etched onto my brain, screams.) and i was full on analyzing the scene where adam comforted juliette after her breakdown in warner’s “torture chamber” to see if tahereh mafi had actually planned warner’s redemption arc or just threw it in there for incentive to fall in love with another white boy /j

i also somehow forgot that kenji was in this book? that was a nice surprise!! what wasn’t a nice surprise was adam and juliette swapping spit every two seconds, but light can’t exist without darkness and all that <3 (i’m kidding, mostly. i just forgot that this was a ✨ romance ✨ and did not prepare myself enough in advance. i am really hyped for the next book, though, seeing as we’ll get some  warner and juliette action?? or least i think so — honestly the second and third books are hazy in my mind)

i’m bumping my rating up from 3.0 to 3.75 because i’ve revisited this book quite a lot to give it a rating that basically equates to “i enjoyed it in the moment but will never reread / think about this from now on.” i’m also still awake, so i’ll probably start unravel me right now, which should be fun.