Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

jody_diou's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional hopeful reflective medium-paced

diana_acc's review against another edition

Por fin.

Este libro si me gustó, se me hizo diferente a los 2 primeros, si bien sigue teniendo bastante relleno, sólo se centra en Gabriel y Pandora, además de que la historia tiene más aventuras y menos escenas eróticas o al menos no tan explícitas o alargadas.

Me dio sorprendió saber el motivo de su falta de equilibrio, pero me dio más coraje saber como fue que se produjo.

Los igual captaron mi atención fueron los padres de Gabriel y que fueran tan cariñosos y quen todavía tuvieran un hijo casi llegando a la adolescencia.

Pandora se sigue mostrandon fuerte, pero hubo momentos en que me desesperaba que luchara contra sus sentimientos a perder sus derechos, que por la forma en qué se explican eran todos los pocos que tenían. Se le dio un papel bastante importante a todo lo que una mujer pierde al casarse.

jnettreads's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

melanied01's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted mysterious sad tense fast-paced

hk2017's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted medium-paced

austinsgrace's review against another edition

bookish_kristina's review against another edition

Still rereading this series on audiobook this time. It’s an immersive experience having it read to me. Pandora is an entertaining character throughout this series and she’s consistently great in her own book as well. Her conversation with Gabriel about the pox is hilarious. But Gabriel is mildly boring. I think because he has no real backstory, he comes from a happy home. There is an attempt to make him interesting with his sexual proclivities but from all I can tell it’s just maybe a liking for mild bondage. His whole angst regarding his married mistress is all of his own making, if you feel bad about being with a married woman than just stop sleeping with a married woman, not a hard fix my man. Anyway Kleypas is a genius and so on and so forth... Sebastian cameos are reason enough to read this one, he is a fan favourite and a personal favourite of mine. M.J. Wells narration is beyond excellent, even if her American accent was a bit wonky.

mulang's review

pandora is hilarious, she made me laugh multiple times but these books are getting repetitive. this one especially was kinda hard to get through bc I feel like the instalove was too much. as much as I love the easygoung stuff, I wouldve loved to see some conflict before they were head in love with each other. I was expecting them to get married first then later fall in love after getting to know each other. It was kinda disappearing that it didn't happen that way. also I would've loved to have seen deeper development of the characters esp gabriel. I did think he was really dashing tho but would've loved to seen more. I did love the pairing but it felt kinda forced at time ONLY bc of the pacing and lack of proper development bUT I still loved them alot. just lotta missed opportunity to make them even more fantastic.

taymcgarry's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

groovykathy's review

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It reminded me why Ms. Kleypas is one of my favorite authors and a writing idol. Thank you!