Reviews tagging 'Child abuse'

Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

abby_can_read's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

📖
I don't know how I missed reading this. I thought this was a good book and I had a good time reading it.

katrinaward's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful medium-paced

smuttymcbookface's review

adventurous medium-paced

This was sweet, with cameos from Evie and Sebastian.

It was lovely reading about the man who everyone wants having to convince someone to be with him in spite of all his flawlessness. Gabriel was sweet, patient, and willing to compromise; something that felt necessary when matching someone with Pandora. I did feel he bended a little too easily to have her, but I found it easy to understand his draw to her, rather than just some bodily instinct he couldn't deny.

On the other hand, Pandora was so different from the other FMCs. With poor urge control, voiced inappropriate thoughts, yet an ability to understand and forgive others beyond the norm, I found her a fun and refreshing read.

aklovekorn's review against another edition

emotional lighthearted tense medium-paced

smithrachaelynn's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful medium-paced

After re-reading: OMG. I forgot how incredible this book was. It is full of charm and wit, but also so much heart. Absolutely stunning. I think I loved this more after re-reading than I did the first time.
Original review: 5⭐️ While this doesn’t top Marrying Winterborne for me, I still really loved it. Pandora is so endearing. I love her never-ending stream of thoughts and her untamed personality. She was so full of life and I loved that Gabriel loved her for who she was. The romance was so sweet. I loved this couple so much!

ember_eyes_are_for_tigers's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

A nice, easy read, with the return of dearly beloved characters and a plot that, despite feeling forced at the beginning, is just too self indulgent and fun to really matter.
The characters are amazing, and the two main characters really shine in the spotlight offering the promised incredible story!

sydapel's review

adventurous emotional lighthearted fast-paced

Easily my favorite of the series so far, and really my only complaint is that I wanted more than what I was given. Pandora is wonderfully eccentric,  even reading to me as Neuro divergent. While I'm not in a place to judge how well that was handled, I thought it really added to her character. Gabriel's fascination with her really worked for me. All that was missing was a bit more time spent on the action of the plot, and perhaps a bit more about Pandora and Gabriel navigating her independence, but it is a historical romance, so room has to be left for sexy times.

gemin1reader's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny

valeria_gzz's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

4,75 because of the needless stress it gave me when the romance was already all nicely tied up. Also maybe don’t put the entire summary of the book on the back of said book? Lol. It was romantic BUT not more than Chasing Cassandra (to me) I loved this in the way that I loved the characters but because I’m not as awesome and independent as Pandora I didn’t relate to her as much as I could still it was AMAZING and so sweet

Besides that I really loved this book. I instantly figured out that Pandora had ADHD. Gabriel was so hot and not just in the physical sense because duh Sebastian and Evie are his parents. He was really kind and understanding to all the fears Pandora had about marriage. Also was very much willing to do the right thing even though he didn’t actually ‘ruin’ her or know her yet. Gabriel is literally the perfect type of jealous you want to see in a romance novel, he feels jealous but he’s not controlling or makes a whole ordeal out of it.

Besides the romance this book was feminist AF and I loved all the support Pandora’s family were giving her on the subject of her not wanting to be married and starting her own business.

‼️‼️HE TOOK THE WORDS <strong>OBEY</strong> OUT OF THEIR VOWS‼️‼️